Results-orientated scout progression

thepolishkiller

Hello, apologies if this is something that's already happening in the back-end - I've been out of the FM loop for a while.

Knowing there are scout improvements in FM20, it would be great to take this even further. It might not be the highest of priorities, but I'd like to see the "consequences" of scouting impact their stats and/or judgement. If I sign an X* player and he performs at something closer to Y*, this could affect their future reports. I'm aware this is a TON of variables, but that's kinda the baseline for FM, isn't it ;)

This can be reflected in a number of way, i.e. directly influencing  the display stats, changing some hidden stats, making them better at finding a player with the same/similar role in the future, etc. This could affect them both positively and negatively, or just influencing the ratings they give, i.e. the next 5* wing back they find, after the previous one turned out to be a 2*, would be rated lower. This would probably be sufficient for the signed players, although ideally for every report - if they found a 2* that other club picked up and he thrived there, it would be nice to not have them rate another player like this with 2* :D

Much to think about and consider when doing this, but would be really nice having a complex system like this.

I'm not sure if any role has this, but it could be applied to coaches alike.

• 10 months later...