SD Eibar

Medders

I have managed Eibar and following a 18/19 season 5th place they decided by themselves to build a new stadium with a capacity of 16000. It was ready at the start of 20/21 season. During 19/20 we played at Alaves stadium. They agreed  to improve training and youth facilities as well.

It was actually one of my favorite saves. I will definitely do a FM 20 save with Eibar!

Thanks Paul!  I'm keen to do a long term save having enjoyed Forest Green Rovers and FC Utrecht on FM 19 but I'm still unsure as to whether to do an Eibar one as a capacity 16K doesn't get you very far but I'm still a little tempted though....chronically undecided still.

In terms of income a 16k stadium is far from the best you can have but a bigger capacity would be unrealistic imo.  Eibar is a city of 27000 people after all. I like to play the game with a certain level of realism.

During the first 3-4 years my best players were loanees from bigger clubs like Barca, Real Madrid and PSG. The prize money is very low in Spain compared with England and Germany so you have to be in the CL spots for some years in order to be able to compete for the title. I won it in 2023.

In case you are not familiar with, search and read about the recent history of EIbar. Maybe you 'll be more tempted after that!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - I'm aware of the club's history having gotten interested in them after watching the Prime Documentary. My thinking at the moment is that I'll make it my 2/3rd FM 20 save.