Can’t get stuck into a save.

I’m kinda new to fm, I played in 18 and 19, but I can’t get into a save, I did one with Man U, got about 2 seasons in, and wanted more of a challenge, managed Bromley FC in the vanarama national league, but got bored in league 2, because I wanted to manage a big club, I tried managing abroad, but not teams seem to have that spark. Some team ideas would be good, as I’m stuck in a bad situation.

Maybe if top leagues are too easy and lower leagues are too much of a slog, go halfway? 

Take over a good League One or lesser Championship side and you'll still have a project to build but it won't be too long before you're in the big time. Many of my favourite/long lasting saves involved taking a team out of the Championship and establishing them in the Premier League and then pushing on for Europe. 

Alternatively, pick your local team. That might create a bit of attachment and motivate you to keep playing with them? 

Journeyman saves are also good fun if that appeals to you, as I find moving clubs every few seasons keeps me on my toes and never allows things to become stale and too easy. The toughest part of the game imo is when you've just taken over a club and don't really know which players/tactics to use. 

Archived