Odd player movement

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it's a silly question on my part, but I'm noticing what I think is contradictory movement of a player when his PPMs are applied to the position I'm playing him in. 

I have loanee who can play ML, MR, AML, AMR and I'm playing/retraining him as a WBL (A) to give that position a more attacking threat/bias. He's left-footed and has the PPM 'Cuts In From Right Wing' which I didn't think would influence him playing on the left-hand side too much (if at all) given that he's (essentially) a left-footed left-winger.

Now, the Player Instruction screen for his position says his PPM contradicts the (WBL) role instructions (specifically Runs Wide With Ball) but I can't see why it would. He's not playing on the right, he's left-footed and playing on the left, so why would they be in conflict?

The game I suppose is correct when it says there's a conflict but when he gets the ball on the left, instead of going wide and onto his stronger foot he dribbles inside. I.e. he cuts inside from the left wing onto his weaker foot.

It's not the Cuts Inside from Both Wings PPM he has but specifically "...From the Right Wing" so why would that influence his behaviour on the opposite side? Is that PPM influential enough that it affects his play even on his 'strongest' side?

Archived