Competition Mode

Patchanka666

Hi,

Can someone explain me what the difference is between the modes you can select on competition level. You have the mode, but also the mode (debug version) and you can select either one of these:

• Combined with rules in the code
  • Overrides rules in code
  • Flexible format rules
  • Fixed format rules (Disables Extra Promotions/Relegations)

What's the difference in these and for what purpose are they used? Maybe there is already some information available, but I was not able to find it.

Regards

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Patchanka666:
  • Combined with rules in the code
  • Overrides rules in code
  • Flexible format rules
  • Fixed format rules (Disables Extra Promotions/Relegations)
  • As the name suggests, this mode combines your changes with those from the code.
    Example:  In the Premier League you only want to reduce the TV money, because it is too high for you, then you use this mode. So the FM only draws your changes and compares the rest with the code.
  • Here he completely overwrites the rules.
    Example: Uruguay's U-18 leagues are anchored in the code, but you want the U-18 teams to play against each other 4 times instead of the first and second leg. For this "project" you use this mode, here it "overwrites" the rules, so that the FM, if you load this file, leaves it out.

Since the last two were only split in the latest FM and were one in the previous FM, I'm not quite sure here, but I suspect the following:

• This mode occurs with leagues that are present in FM.
    Example: You want to activate another league for South Korea that is present in the league system under the two in FM. If you switch to the Advanced Rules in the editor, the "original" leagues have this mode.
  • This mode occurs in leagues for which you are building a system yourself.
    Example: You want to activate the 1st League of the US Virgin Islands for your Save, if you switch to the extended rules, these leagues are in possession of this mode.

• 2 years later...
On 15/01/2019 at 10:32, davie77 said:

Since the last two were only split in the latest FM and were one in the previous FM, I'm not quite sure here, but I suspect the following:

• This mode occurs with leagues that are present in FM.
    Example: You want to activate another league for South Korea that is present in the league system under the two in FM. If you switch to the Advanced Rules in the editor, the "original" leagues have this mode.
  • This mode occurs in leagues for which you are building a system yourself.
    Example: You want to activate the 1st League of the US Virgin Islands for your Save, if you switch to the extended rules, these leagues are in possession of this mode.

To clarify - if I've created all new leagues for a USA pro/rel pyramid, I would want the second mode selected, right?

vor 19 Stunden schrieb HurricaneMan6:

To clarify - if I've created all new leagues for a USA pro/rel pyramid, I would want the second mode selected, right?

If you're referring to Football Manager 2021 when you say that, it's no longer necessary. Combined with rules in the code and Overrides rules in code no longer exist. And there is no decision between Flexible and Fixed Rules. Always use flexible rules, fixed rules only cause problems.