Semi-finalists of one competition qualify for another?

DrVanNostrand

Wondering if this is possible.

I've created A continental competition in North / South America and wanted the 4 semi finalists of that to compete with the 4 semi-finalists of the European Champions Cup - any ideas if this can be done and how?

The qualification system options only include (Nation top division teams), (Nation FA Cup winner), (Specific team), (Last winner of this competition), (Last winner of other competition).

So is it just not possible to set the teams that make it to the semi finals of one competition to qualify for another competition? Or am I missing something...

Are you using basic or advanced?

If you go to the cup stage of your North/South America comp, and go to fate actions, you should be able to set the quarter-final winners to qualify for the other competition. Then do the same for European Champions Cup (if possible -- is it editable?)

Then in the inter-continental competition, in get teams, you would choose qualified teams from other comp (or something like that, I can't remember the exact name of the option). You need to enter all the information carefully.

Thanks for the reply!

Tried using basic but it's not possible.

So far using advanced I can get teams to qualify from the North/South America comp using either fate actions like you said, or in the Americas Vs Europe cup using "get cup round teams" or "get qualified teams from stage" and specifying the North/South America comp semis or quarters. That's fine, but doing the same for the Champions league doesn't work - when trying to verify the rules, it says the competition can't find enough teams to be created - 4 teams found, 8 needed. I've made sure the dates work out so that the semis have been drawn / played, but it's like it won't acknowledge the Champions League's existence.... Can't add fate actions to CL unless I rebuild it from scratch I think. Or use that trick where you add it to a nation then add nation rules, but I can't do that on the same edit file.

Any ideas?

Archived