Same Fixture - Different Outcomes!

So I'm in my second season with QPR after keeping us up by one point! 

Second match of the season is away at Hull who look a bit slow and my assistant manager agrees - Hull seem a bit slow! 

I field all my young quick players and my kids are all over these old men and win 2 Nil. Unfortunately around the 90 minute mark my phone battery died so I knew I would have to repeat the fixture! 

Now Hull have become supermen, they're killing my kids, scoring goals and injuring my strikers! 

I refuse not to win this match so I close the app and restart but Hull are now just unstoppable! 

What's happening????

• SI Staff

My guess is that you're fielding a very young side which is leaving you in a situation where the result is more 'confidence based than might be usual - that is the first match you played your side scored early on (?) and that kept your team positive and everything clicked, in other matches perhaps they struggled initially and that and injuries took the wind out of their sails somewhat ...

If you're fielding less weighty youngsters against a bunch of bruisers as it sounds like then injuries are unfortunately a real concern, if there is a specific player who is prone to this then perhaps field him as a sub and bring him on around the 60 minute mark - if he's quick then the opposition defenders will be tiring a little then so that might work nicely?

Archived