Who's yer grandaddy!?

Playing a journeyman career, currently managing Eastern in Hong Kong, and I came across a striker.

13 goals in 14 games for Brazil and 391 career goals!

Whats the name of the newgen wonderkid you are asking? Well look no further than TULIO the most prolific Brazil striker you've possibly never heard of!!

I'm sure he's much more of a household name for any south american supporters but im an avid football fan and admit I hadn't heard of him. THE CATCH? He is a spritely 49 years old

tulio.png

Inspired by Kazuyoshi Miura (the 51 year old japanese striker who just signed a new pro contract in real life) I signed him with the goal of surpassing this and making him the oldest active pro player.

The Challenge

To have the oldest outfield player possible and have him as active and successful as possible within your squad. Goalkeepers are allowed but it is less impressive but lets see what you can do.

In the spirit of the game, players like Miura and Tulio with international careers at a good level and continuous playing careers are encouraged but not essential.

I'd love to see someone take a current aging pro and help prolong their career. Non-paying roles are allowed as long as they are still registered as a player.

You could of course sign someone like Tuakana Marukane ( a 50 year old cook islands striker) to give you a head start but he is seriously terrible and at 50 would only be starting his pro career.

Maybe you are going for the long haul and want to take a 16 year old newgen everywhere with you as part of his 30year + career.

You can choose whatever approach you prefer. The beauty of this is it can be a little 'side quest' within any save at all!

RULES

Very few rules required. I want this to be as flexible as possible. Obviously a lot of luck is required but i think managing their game time and contracts can have some influence long term.

The only stipulation is it must be with official databases only (this is because even something as simple as making leagues active by custom means can create weird anomalies in game.  The japan league update randomly spawned 50+ newgens after a few seasons for example)

Of course no in-game editor allowed or enabled. Any graphics or loading of players to create game world is fine.

player naming is obviously allowed.

There is no way "to win" purely fielding the oldest guy isn't just what its about. Having a winger playing into their 40s is interesting. maybe a 60 year old keeper? or a 50 year old striker who is still finding the net.

Its for a bit of fun and i want to see who can help players in the twilight of their careers flourish!

reserved for notable players and achievements.

Oldest Goalkeeper

Oldest Defender
@Captain_al

Wong Wai Tak 48 years old

Spoiler

wong%20wai%20tak.png

Oldest Midfielder

Oldest Forward

Oldest Goalscorer

Oldest Player to score a hat-trick!
@Captain_al

Tulio 49 years 325 days

Spoiler

tulio%20hat%20trck.png

Oldest Player of the Match award
@Captain_al
Tulio, 49 years old

[screenshot]

Spoiler

tulio%20motm.png

Oldest Starting XI (combined age)
@Captain_al

first XI = 421 years

Spoiler

GK- Yap Hung Fai 29 years
RB- Cheung Kin Fung 35 years
CB- Yusuke Igawa 36 years
CB- Wong Wai Tak 48 years
LB- Chung Kin Hei 46 years
CM- Leung Chun Pong 32 years
CM- Lam Ka Wai 33 years
AMR- Tyson Nunez 46 years
AML- Lee Hong Lim 35 years
ST- Jaimes McKee 32 years
ST- Tulio 49 years

(I won 3-1 in this competitive league match Eastern  v Southern District)

Longest consecutive in-game career

Oldest International Player

Oldest Loanee (in or out)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid (30+)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid (35+)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid (40+)

So I've added some suggested 'goals' in the post above to give you all some ideas to get you on the leaderboards!

Hopefully now I've added a bit more structure we can generate some interest, as imo its a very interesting and flexible challenge which can fit within any save.

I'll start the ball rolling with my OLDEST PLAYER OF THE MATCH

tulio%20motm.png

Just had a claim for oldest international.

I bought 46yr old Honduran Tyson Nunez, which along side Tulio gave my strike force a combined age of 95 years!

much to my surprise Nunez got called up for Honduras playing 90mins in a Gold Cup match!

Archived