Changing "years to gain nationality" for specific nations

CWhitters

Hi everyone. I'm embarking on a custom database for FM19. In the standard editor, years to gain nationality is a set number and applies to anyone without that nationality equally.

In the game, as in real life, Spain's figure here is set to 10. However, they have rules encoded in the game that allow anyone from basically all of South America and other former Spanish territories to gain nationality within 2 years. This rule allows Spanish teams to buy up South Americans and within two years gets them an EU citizenship. In some cases it even allows them to import players for the Spanish national side e.g Diego Costa.

I wish to replicate this rule for England, allowing players from the Anglosphere to gain nationality within 2 years, whilst everyone else gains it within the usual 5. Essentially allowing Irish, American, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, Jamaican etc players to be able to plucked up at young ages and not count towards foreign player limits after 2 years.

I hope every year with the release of the editor that they could include a simple way to do this, but so far there doesn't seem to be a way of doing so that I know of.

Does anyone know where the code for the Spanish rule is, and if its accessible in any way? As I would imagine its a coded rule that overwrites whatever you do in the editor.

Any help anyone can offer with this would be greatly appreciated.

SS1.png

SS2.png

• 3 weeks later...

It is kinda the same I want. I have been looking for something similar to edit since 2008.

It seems to be what they call "hard coding" and not possible with "soft coding" like editor options. So I guess you are on the correct path that you need to find it in the game core code.

Hope you will find a solution. Bumping you up my friend.

Archived