Need Clarification/Help for creating teams

RyanBrown

I am creating two teams for this years Network Save with my friend. I need some clarification on a few things. Firstly, we will be in the Vanamara National North replacing the two lowest tier teams. 

We will also have one 'super free agent', so one player who's a free agent we agree would realistically come to the club to an extent. Then after we have that player in the team, we will load it in to football manager. Has anyone had any experience with using their own club, with absolutely no players, coaches etc. Does it affect the hierarchy a lot?

We tried this for FM18 however we were only able to give players a years contract, why is this? 

What year would the club need to be founded to participate in the FA Cup (I believe that's the right cup, where you need to be a certain level to enter.)

Are there any little hints and tips you recommend for two newly founded clubs, and tips on how to stay up/get promoted. As well as any editor tips so we can get the save started ASAP.

I apologise that this thread is a bit all over the place; it's late, i'm tired, but had a few things I wanted to get off my chest.

Posted this earlier in the wrong thread, that's why it's here

Archived