FM14 - Club Reputation?

anystroem

My apologies if this has been discussed already, but I can't find anything on it in the forum.

I am wondering if a club's reputation in FM14 doesn't increase unless they WIN a cup? I have played FM for years, and I have started using the in-game edior only to see how certain number may change (or not) depending on what happens in the game. As such, I have monitored my club's reputations to see what has a positive effect on reputation.

First I managed AIK (Stockholm) and got them to the Euro Cup Quarter Finals, which for that team should be an achievement, but its reputation was not affected. I eventually went to FC Copenhagen and managed to lose back to back semi's in the Euro Cup. Again, the team's reputation didn't move. From there I signed with Ajax, and after a few years managed to lose the Euro Cup final, and later get knocked out in the Champion's Cup Semi, also without any increase in Ajax's reputation (with the exception for the bump I got for winning the Dutch league, which tells me that Club Reputation is working. Lastly I managed Milan, and after half a decade of frustrations and heart breaks, we managed to have our souls crushed in the Champion's Cup Final... and, yes, you might have guessed it, without an increase in the club's reputation.

So, with that being said, is it a bug in my game that keeps the clubs' reputations the same or is it immaterial to a team's reputation if it has a deep run (overachieves) in a tournament unless it wins the final game? I think in RL if a club goes deep in a tournament, like Östersund FK did in the Euro Cup this year, it's reputation would increase at least a little bit although not as much as if the club wins it all, of course, but to have no increase in reputation with a good run seems odd to me. 

Does anyone know how this works or is supposed to work?

Please and thank you!

Archived