Strange concerns during job interviews

Have attended quite a few job interviews now after being very successful with my current club in Iceland; winning the league and cups multiple times. Almost getting to group stages in Europa League.
I took over after they had been relegated, got them promoted again and the club is now the most reputable in Iceland, after almost 10 years with the club.
I'm topping the Icelandic Hall of Fame and am considered a club legend.

But in every interview the clubs are concerned about a couple of things:
1. "You have previously been embroiled in media controversies citing your inability to cultivate a strong dressing room atmosphere..."
2. "You have previously been embroiled in media controversies citing your inability to command the support of your players...."

Why are they concerned about those things? Last time i had problems with that was 10 years ago, when i was with my first club.
Sure, there have been some media speculation about specific players, but those players are happy.
And overall the dressing room atmosphere is always good to excellent. Managerial support is excellent and have been so for about 7 years.

Another question i don't really understand is:
"I have some reservations regarding the fact that you have never managed in this country. Can you explain why that shouldn't be an issue?".
Why do they ask me that? It might be because of obvious reasons.
It's going well at my current club and i've never been approached by a club from that country before, and thus haven't been able to be there...yet.
All the interviewer(s) have to do is look at my history.

Putting all of that together; if they have so many concerns, why do they approach me?
I didn't apply for it. "You" came for me!?

Have had 16 interviews with a range of clubs. Not one successful. Have currently finished my 17th interview and the same concerns are exactly the same.
As they have been with each and every club i have been interviewed for, by their respective Chairmen.
They have all told me they were happy with my interview but found a more suitable manager.
During this time i've been having a National C Coaching License, but have just aquired National B Coaching License.

My headscratcher isn't why i won't get any of those jobs but why those concerns?
It's been, as earlier mentioned, 10 years since i've had any problems of significance.

Archived