Founded May 2010; 7 years ago
Ground K-Park Training Academy, Calderglen Country Park, East Kilbride[1]
Capacity 660 (400 seated)
Chairman Mark Horner [1]
Manager Ewan MacGregor
League Lowland League
2016–17 Lowland League, 1st (champions)
Website Club website

East Kilbride Football Club is a semi-professional football club based in East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. They are members of the Lowland Football League, in the fifth tier of the Scottish football league system. Formed in 2010 with the intention of bringing senior football to one of Scotland's largest towns, the club initially competed in amateur football before becoming one of the founder members of the Lowland League in 2013. The club became a full member of the Scottish Football Association (SFA) in 2014, entitling them to automatic entry to the Scottish Cup. In 2016 they broke the most wins in a row record held by AFC Ajax before losing after 30 consecutive wins.

Following the resignation of First team manager Billy Stark on 27 May 2016, East Kilbride were quick to appoint former Scotland International Ewan MacGregor on 1 June 2016.  MacGregor, who hails from the town, was quoted as saying "it's a tremendous honour to have the chance to manage my hometown club. We are a new, ambitious club and the priority must be to take East Kilbride into the SPFL"  

(i'M GOING TO WRITE THIS STORY IN THE FIRST PERSON, ADDING A BIT OF REALISM TO WHAT I'M DOING, AS OPPOSED TO JUST POSTING DOZENS OF SCREENSHOTS. THINK OF IT AS MY MANAGERIAL AUTOBIOGRAPHY. PLEASE COMMENT BELOW WITH ANY FEEDBACK YOU MAY HAVE, GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)

PART 1 - THE INTERVIEW

The sound of my phone ringing woke me from my slumber. It was my good friend George McCulloch, former Rangers coach now at Bayer Leverkusen. Looking groggily at the alarm clock, the blurred neon dieplay read 08:21. 

This was a no-brainer. Unforgivingly, I let the call ring out in the hopes that sleep would come and take me back into the wonderful dream i was having, My eyes became heavier as i started to relax again ....

BUZZZZ, BUZZZZZ !!!  Cursing the inconsiderate fool who dared to wake me this time, I picked up my phone, realising I had been sent a text message.

It read:  "Ewan it's George. heard through the grapevine that Billy Stark has left East Kilbride by mutual consent. I know you are looking to move into management. Make the call pal. Phone me, G"

I'd been out of work for a short while, although financially comfortable. Most recently, I had been coaching the goalkeepers at Dundee United but the 2 hour drive to and from work each day from East Kilbride was starting to take it's toll and after speaking with Stephen Thompson, decide to give up my role.

I pondered George's message as i sat at my breakfast bar and gulped down the first of many cups of coffee I'd be having today.  Too many beers last night.  

I then called George back.  It was answered immediately and George greeted me with his usual "alright ya c**t" Hailing from Glasgow, it's considered a term of endearment.

"Morning pal, got your text. East Kilbride, eh, what's the story with Billy?"

"Personal reasons seemingly. Evertone is being rather tight lipped about it pal. You interested?"

"Yeah mate, I'll make a few calls today and see how the ground lies"

"Cool, speak to you later"

Fast Forward 4 hours and here I am, sat in Mark Horner's office inside K Park, home of East Kilbride FC, situated within the picturesque surroundings of Calderglen Country Park.

Mark is there alongside Robbie Winters who is to be my assistant manager.  We shake hands and sit down at a huge polished boardroom table.

"Drink?" asks Mark

"Eh... water?" I reply

"Water, don't be daft" laughs Mark as he pulls a bottle of vintage Johnnie Walker out of a small cupboard along with 3 glasses.

He pours 3 generous shots, straight, into each glass and proposes a toast...

"to a long and prosperous future  Ewan, welcome aboard"

And that began, and ended, the quickest, most informal interview any football manager has ever endured !!!

Thanks Mark, so Wikipedia stuff is off limits then?  I assume I'm okay to post screenshots from my save however?

Really looking to get my teeth into this save. Confident I can achieve my goals too. in my last save before my laptop died i was top of League 1 in Scotland.  I do not use the editor and am not one for Plug and Play tactics either, just good old fashioned graft and determination !!!

Thanks for the support mate

Archived