PL Parachute Payments

Do parachute payments still exist/work in the game? I'm talking specifically for teams who are relegated from the PL into the Championship.

If so, how do they work and what form does the money come in? 

I am not managing any teams under relegation threat so I can't check my own tabs etc, and I was playing around in the editor and noticed that the Premier League parachute money tab is unticked, meaning as far as I can see, clubs aint getting the money they should be getting.

Anyone been relegated in 2018 who can verify this?

Yes, I've been relegated and it works. 

Basically, in late June/early July (can't remember exactly when), you get the entire parachute payment in one lump sum. The news message was obvious, but I think the money may have gone in the finances tab as TV revenue rather than parachute payment from memory.

Ok cheers.

I've ran a few tests on this (this thread may need to be moved to the editors area now because of this) on the editor, and I have noticed that on the vanilla England Advanced Rules, the Premier League has the Parachute Payments tab greyed out, as if they do not exist. Yet if you move to the Championship, they have theirs set as £120,000 which I presume goes to clubs relegated to League 1.

Why is there no evidence of this £90m+ that relegated Championship clubs are receiving? 

It can't be hard coded because in my custom database where I have recreated England rules, no relegated clubs get ANY form of parachute payment, which is why I wanted to use the original rules and copy them over.

I will say this aswell on a side-note, though slightly off topic.. There needs to be more support from SI on how to use the editor. It is a super powerful tool of which I have hundereds of questions relating to it. Why is there not an in-depth guide on how to use it? I have posted 3-4 threads all with completely different editing Qs and they get answered by the good people here eventually, but waiting for answers delays my progress as a novice editor. There should be a full on manual of how to use this incredibly powerful tool.

Archived