Brentford Stadium Expansion & U23 Matches

Hi guys,

I'm halfway through the first season with Brentford. Before I started with my Brentford save, my plan was to get promoted within the next 3-4 years. They have some first team ready young players, small stadium and the worst training facility among Championship clubs. I would have time to develop my players and hopefully improve the training facilities (Stadium expansion is already in planning phase in FM). 

Thanks to couple of winning and unbeaten streaks, we are now sitting at the 2nd spot just a point after Wolves. There is a good chance that we'll get promoted this season. Although I'm satisfies with the success, I have two major concerns. 

1) I wasn't worried about the stadium capacity at first since I had next 3-4 years. But now I need our stadium expansion to happen now. Has anyone tried a long save with Brentford? I would really appreciate if someone let me know when our stadium will be expanded? we could really use some gate receipts on top of PL TV Money. 

2) Right after I started my save, I realized my U18 and U23 will not play any competitive matches this year. Then I read some news online that Brentford closed its academy. Now, I added couple of good youngsters and I plan to add some more. They are mostly at League 2 or National League level now, I do not want to send them o loan since they are too young and most of the L2 and NL teams doesn't have better training facilities than mine. Is there a way that will enable my U23 and U18 teams to play competitive games next season? I didn't realize any board request specific to that issue but I'm no expert on this. Maybe I missed something. I actually do not care youth intakes since I prefer signing players released by PL clubs instead. But I really want them to play some U23 & U18 matches. 

Thanks in advance guys. 

I think there is a relocation to Lionel Road on 25/6/2021 hardcoded into the game. . It will not be big, as I see that they have expanded it to 24,430 in 2024, so can't tell you the exact size atm. But search for it in the editor, and you'll probably find out.

Archived