Changing "Years to Gain Nationality" For certain countries

CWhitters

Hi everyone,

As you'll know on the editor for each country there is the option to set how many years it takes to gain nationality for that particular country for a foreign player. Spain's is set at 10 years, but in the game as in real life, Spanish speaking countries and former colonies can gain nationality after three years. Does anyone know if this is hard coded into the game? I wish to replicate such a rule for the UK nations, so that English speaking countries can gain nationality after 3 years, overriding the default 5 (which I will change to 10). Is this at all possible?

Thanks in advance

Hi !

If you have the in-game editor (IGE), you can easily do that by going on the main screen of the country, select "Edit Nation Details" in the IGE menu, and change the value of "Years to gain nationality". You also have the possibility to allow (or not) dual nationality (Like in Japan), and choose the gain nationality type (Between Continuous and Accumulative).

Hey there Racatte,

I appreciate the advice, however I am aware of this method of setting a generic "years to gain nationality" from every country in the game. What I am asking is if there is a way to have one generic value, as well as a different value for specific countries. If you look in the editor you'll see Spain has 10 years to gain nationality, however, in the game as in real life, players from certain countries become naturalised quicker. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_nationality_law#Naturalization
If I can find this bit of code somewhere that allows for this, I wish to add a list of countries that can gain quicker naturalisation for British citizenship, i.e Australia, Canada, NZ etc. Do you know if at all possible?

Best regards

Carl

Archived