Unbelievable Jeff

GreyedOutMan

Had to share this! 

I have almost reached the end of my FM17 game - just holidaying through a few seasons so my stalwarts can finish their careers. My playing style is all about finding potential club legends and seeing how their careers pan out. This year was special because I had two absolutely unbelievable strikers. My second absolute world-beating goalscorer has just retired and I thought I'd share their career stats. This is a pretty astounding coincidence, right? And by the way, Silva's last 6/7 years were on holiday and he was set to play whenever fit so it wasn't in any way rigged! They're also both Portuguese, by the way (although oddly, Silva was a newgen in Cape Verde originally and changed his nationality later - had no idea they had a football league!).

First Name Surname Position Mins     Apps   Goals      Assists      Gl Mst      K Pass     Mins/Gl      Av Rat
Luis Pacheco AMRL/ST 65,497 802   651 262 3 1061 101     7.60
Antonio Silva AMR/ST 66,501 798   651 263 1 1015 102     7.57

It's amazing to see such similar stats from two players! They played together for the majority of their careers, too - Silva was eight and a half years younger, but came in at a slightly younger age than Pacheco did. Both had mins/gl ratios well under 100 mins for most of their career, but dipped in their mid 30s understandably. 

Which did I prefer? Well Pacheco cost £15m which is clearly a snip...but Silva? £170k! What do you think?!

Archived