help with training

I need some help with training in Football Manager 2011. I started a new save game and I can't get my strikers to improve. What skills or training must I do to get them to improve?

I almost finished the season and not one improvement arrow. I bought Sturridge, son heung ming and paloschi and not one is improving. I tried my own training and downloaded schedules and nothing is working. I set aerobic, strength, tactics and technique to medium low and shooting to high with defensive training on low. They start every game in the first team. I play sturridge on the left wing, son on the right with and poloschi as the lone striker.

I tried setting the training to high, medium  and very heavy. All it did was make sturridge upset at high training.

Any help or guidance?

I can't get them tutored because to get them to sign for me they wanted to be first team players. I tried lower but the agent insisted on first team or no signing.

Players have a PA (Potential Ability) stat and a CA (Current Ability) stat, so if a player's CA is equal to his PA, then that player has reached the limit of his potential and obviously can't improve. Expecting a load of green arrows in everything, or 20 stats, or those players you mentioned to turn into Messi/Ronaldo is not realistic. Since this is FM11, Sturridge, Son and Paloschi would have been young talents back then.

I tried Genie to see and he shoudl improve but his professionalism isn't very high so thta's why I might be battling. Poloschi is finally improving and Sturridge is starting to but selling him because he isn't doing to well in matches. He started off great but playing worse now for some reason. Any attempt to try encourage him gets shot down. :(

Trying to get talents in is hard because it isn't a top club and only youngsters want to join. Will be in the top division next season and won one cup so far.

While thinking what to do next I gone back to my long term save and sort out staff situation. Hard because fitness coaches in 2047 are rubbish for some reason. Players with good fitness coaching stats just don't want to become fitness coaches. I started  a new manager and now old staff won't join so training is matter of playing them which in 2047 is working so I know my schedules do work just not in my 2011 save. Battling with youngsters. My one winger isn't responding to training outside tutoring. Running out of players to get him to reach his potential which is high. He can become a 4 star player just isn't a good trainer and keeps getting super tired so many matches in a row isn't working.

Maybe you can help more. How does tutoring work in this game? How do you pair them up? I tried by determination and by character and sometimes it works wonderfully and other times not a bit. I have used Genie to determination and see what potential stats could be but discovered I can change them a lot like what happened with one player as he ended up better stats in certain areas than what Genie said.

I found a guide for 2010 but it isn't working in 2011.

Well if PA > CA, then players will improve, they just won't become world beaters after a few weeks of training, that's just not realistic, Messi didn't become great overnight. How quickly they improve depends on a multitude of things that I can't list all: professionalism, as you said, games played, ambition, age etc etc. 

As for tutoring see http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/squad/player-tutoring

Archived