Understanding Team Instructions.

Hi. I'm having a problem with team instructions.Particularly "Defence","Buildup"and"Attack" and which player or roles are involved in each "compartment"?Lets say I choose roam from position which players are going to be affected?I heard  team shape also can affect the players affected.So if I choose Fluid or Very Fluid will roles with defend duty also roam form position?or is roles that have that as an opption?

fm 16.PNG

Team shape: Highly Structured, Structured, Balanced, Fluid and Very Fluid.

Fluid and Very Fluid: Less distinction between player duties, team will seem more compact. More Creative Freedom.
Highly Structured and Structured: More distinction between player duties, team will seem further apart from each other. Less Creative Freedom.
Balanced: Strikes a balance between duties and creative freedom.

I strongly recommend that you refer to the tactic forum's sticky's as the guides there clearly explains the majority of your questions.

Roam from positions will set your more advanced players to roam from their position.

Some player roles has roam from position already set in their player instructions. These roles are:

Regista, Roaming Playmaker, Box to Box Midfielder, Trequartista, Complete Wing Back, Inverted Wing Back, Wide Playmaker, Raumdeuter and Complete Forward.

For great guides on tactics - you can refer to Bust the Net on YouTube.

There's a very detailed fansite: http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com

There's a great section in Lines and Diamonds on Shape, which is the answer to your question; Shape.

Highly Structured: Defend duties keep it simple, Support duties improve much less, Attack duties improve less
Structured: Defend duties improvise much less, Support duties improve less, Attack duties are balanced
Flexible: Defend duties improve less, Support duties are balanced, Attack duties Improvise more
Fluid: Defend duties are balanced, Support duties improvise more, Attack duties improvise much more
Very Fluid: Defend duties improvise more, Support duties improvise much more and Attack duties do what the hell they like

Archived