Why I'm not conceding?

tactic.thumb.jpg.c51d9c145712967c1e9276bb64e04271.jpg

I answered another tread on this in the general discussion forum, but thought I should come here and check if I am correct or not. 

The question was if I conceded a lot of counter attacking goals and goals from crosses because of the aggressiveness of the tactic shown in the screen shot. Mainly because my Full backs are sett to attack.

While through balls and crosses are the primary suppliers when I concede (as expected) it does not happen as often as one would think. (Least conceded in the league for instance)

Which brings me to my question. Am I correct in assuming that this is so because:

• With Very Fluid shape my team are vertically more compact. With narrow width my team is also horizontally more compact. When the opponent break I will have more players close to the opponent so they can win the ball back before the opponent is able to launch hos counter. (Gegenpress)
  • My D-line is normal so even with the increased mentality my central defence will not leave too much space behind them.
  • My Inside forwards are set to support, that makes them more likely to track back and cover for my full backs. The Very fluid shape encourages the inside forwards to track back even more. (I think.)
  • The DPL on support has hold position as a PI. That will make it stay back and cover my defence when my team is attacking. Because he holds position he will be on hand to intercept when the opponent launches counters. 

Am I onto something here or am I way off?

Archived