How to create solid defensive tactic with deadly offensive tactic

How to create solid defensive tactic that didn't let enemy get into the box but also a deadly and effective offensive tactic ?
I try to create, but it seems my tactic only create fast-paced offensive team but lack on its defense. In defense, my player is tend to focus on one player and neglecting other players, so it can create space for another player.  What is needed to create tactic that have good offensive and defensive aspect ?

It sounds like you're trying to create a perfect tactic, something which I think is unfortunately impossible. In previous FM games this has been possible but it seems to me those days are gone.

All tactics will have strengths and weaknesses. My advice would be to choose a style of play and use the 3 tactic slots to create variations of your style for different situations. 

For example, a 4-2-3-1 for attacking, 4-4-1-1 as a middle of the road option and 4-1-4-1 to sure up the defence a bit. Or keep the formation the same and change from control to defensive, use more conservative roles and TI's.

In the Sharing Tactics subforum you will find the Frankys Supreme tactic, wich relies upon overlaps from the WBs for crosses, what i find out is that if you turn off the overlap option and change the WBs to DFBs you end up with a very good defense. But then the attack becames the problem (no more crosses from the WBs) and i cant seem to find a good attack based in this defense, you may want to try your luck with this tactic.  

Archived