FM 2014 championship payouts amounts

Hi guys, can someone inform me off how much money I can expect to get for winning the English championship league?

I should clarify here not just the 'prize money' (which I think is 50k), but I am under the impression that there is a rather large 'welcome to the premier league' payment some where in the range of 60-80 million pounds for the first place getter. Is this true?

Ta muchly.

No it is not true, obviously once promoted you get access to the vast TV revenue but this this paid out over the season on a monthly basis with additional payments for live TV matches & a final payment based on your league finish.

Oh...okay thanks for that. So FM doesn't replicate the 'real world' then? Just finished reading an article from 'Fair Play' that states the winner of the championship playoff gets close to 120 million pounds, while first place gets an 80 million pound balloon payment to help with the transition to the much higher standards of the premier league. I thought FM would replicate that. Oh well I will steam on regardless. Does the game at least grant the parachute payment of 25 million pounds for relegated clubs?

FM does replicate real life, either you've misunderstood the article you mention or the person who wrote it hasn't done any research, do you have a link to it?

Edit: Should mention that as you're playing FM14 the TV income will be about half its current value because the current deal has only just kicked in & for obvious reasons is not included in FM14.

Cool beans. I'm trying to find the article now, as I think it was from a fairly reputable source.

I also understand that the money won't be as much, but I still think those payments were part of the 2014 FA pay structure. As I said, let me go back and see if I can find it.

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/premier-league-prize-money/

Okay I think this is where I got the concept from. You were right. 55 million pounds in tv money.

However, it also looks like 2014 was a very convoluted year for financial wranglings, as talked about here http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk

It looks like 2014 was a bit of a crossroads year that has served as a benchmark point for clubs being promoted and relegated with the premier league, with cross league standards being implemented for the first time.

It also seems like the year that club debt was heavily cracked down on, with the limit being reduced from 45 million to 30 million per year. Considering at the time Chelsea had 784 million pounds of debt and lost closely to 1500 pounds for every season ticket sold in terms of real costs of running a club on a stadium seat basis(man city was worse at over 3000 pounds lost a season ticket), it is no surprise this happened.

I don't think I'm all that worried by my clubs 1.5 million pound debt now. Seems pretty inconsequential in the greater picture. :eek:

The "Welcome to the Permiership" payments are spread over 12 months. So whatever the amount is regardless - say £60 million you don't get it as a lump sum. You'll get around £5 million a month. Same with the parachute payments except its spread over 3 years as long as the club is still in the championship. This is how it works in real life.

Archived