Broken promises (not)

I think I found a bug, and I wonder if I can solve the situation in some way…

Managing Millwall, second season, just promoted from League 1. Apparently, I promised some of my players, namely S. Williams, E. Upson and S. Ferguson, to strengthen the team. This promise remainder appeared out of nothing in mid-August. I suppose it refers to the end of the season team meeting, when I said “with the right additions, we can stay up”.

I did buy some 7-8 players, not exactly high profile players, but hey, I didn’t promise to buy Ronaldo, right? I just said “with the right additions…” Anyway, the three amigos were not impressed, and I have no problem with that, they’re entitled to have their opinions. The problem is, after the transfer window closed, I’ve been bombarded by news that say “Williams/Upson/Ferguson are facing uncertain future at Millwall after row with manager”, and that they “asked to leave”: no they didn’t, they never came to talk to me, and I can’t talk to them (they’re unhappy and their morale abysmal), the captain/vice captain can’t talk to them (there’s no option), and I can’t organize a team meeting, or, I can, but I have no option to choose from.

In fact, technically, I haven’t broken my promise yet, because I still have “1 day”, but it must be the longest day ever, because it has been two weeks now and I still have “1 day”…

So, I suppose I have to wait until the promise will be officially broken to unlock the interactions, but what can I do in the meantime?

Archived