Transferring to/getting a new GM job, working or not currently?

I've been reading a few things on here suggesting getting a new job might be bugged and working for some others... Just trying figure this out. got over 61 hours into it, in less than a week, so yes I'm addicted. I started with the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds as a new GM with rec.player experience. About to begin my 4th season, after my 1st I won both OHL and CHL cups, and managed to get into the playoffs but not win for the next 2 seasons. Overall, finances have been very stable and board is super happy. So next, I'm aiming for a ECHL or AHL team next but never get any response back. I even creep the GM's they hire and most have a poor record or hired from a very amateur club, or even just no experience at all.

So why is there no hope for me? Do I just keep trying or is there an actual bug with 1.0.2?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

If you have a saved game for a situation where there is a vacant GM job that you are about to apply for but cannot get, you can upload the save on our FTP so I can have a look why you are getting rejected. In some cases these are down to reputation/nationality/language issues, so it does also depend on your managerial details.

• 1 month later...
If you have a saved game for a situation where there is a vacant GM job that you are about to apply for but cannot get, you can upload the save on our FTP so I can have a look why you are getting rejected. In some cases these are down to reputation/nationality/language issues, so it does also depend on your managerial details.

Sorry for the delayed response!!

Anyways thank you. I'm currently uploading a save with a bunch of teams that are free to apply for, AHL, NHL, ECHL, etc... its named "(InceptorOne) EHM SSM.sav" within the fm/game-save folder.

Edit: Realized I forgot the naming convention, sorry!

Archived