[FM14] Sasha Saves Spartak

EvilDave

IQZjbs.png

What's going on?

The year is 2013. It has been an entire decade since Spartak Moscow, the team which won nine of the first 10 independent Russian championships, last won a major trophy. Managers, both Russian and foreign, have come and gone. Club legends and international stars alike have failed. This time, things will be different.

Enter

, 'El Zar' as he is known in Vigo, and one of the finest players to don the red shirts of Spartak. Sasha takes over a team in transition, but determined to satisfy the thousands of fans who have been starved of success for far too long.

Where do we start?

The board expects continental qualification via the league, a run to the final four in the cup, the play-off round of the Europa League, and nothing in the Premier League Cup, which doesn't actually exist.

The finances are looking good - although whether we can renew those sponsorships I have no idea - and the squad isn't all that deep for now, although Mostovoi will be making changes. The key player? Probably Russian international Denis Glushakov.

What's the plan?

The plan for the save comes in several stages, although in all likelihood they will all become a little blurred as Sasha's transfer policy develops. In rough order, the stages are:

- To win Spartak's first major trophy since 2003

- To win the Russian Premier League with a squad made entirely of players from former Soviet nations

- To win the Russian Premier League with a squad made entirely of Russian players

- To become the first Russian side to win the UEFA Champions League

What else do I need to know?

I'm playing with leagues active from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. All leagues have two divisions active except Russia and Georgia, which have three.

Frustratingly, the Russian edit has one or two problems. Firstly, the existence of the Premier League Cup, which I'll have to take part in but thankfully the board don't care about - this will be for the reserves. Secondly, a change to the way the draw for the Russian Cup works, meaning RPL teams can draw each other earlier in the competition.

Thirdly, the inexplicable removal of the 6+5 rule, which states teams must have five Russian players on the field at all times. Although I may make the game harder by doing so when my rivals do not, I will be following this rule. After all, if I'm to achieve the long-term aims it'll happen anyway.

Finally, I've be updating at the halfway point and end of each season, so don't expect posts to be too regular. Other than that, please enjoy!

Archived