Restarted form previous save (but left with little choice)

Start of the new season in the Serbian top flight. I won the league title in my first season with the once mighty Red Star.

About 4 league games in and my top scorer from the previous season is playing horribly, hasn't scored, missing sitters, looking uninterested. I speak to him, he gets annoyed and wants to leave. Fine, there's the door big lad.

With a Champions League final qualifying round 1st leg vs Celtic a week away, I look at my other strikers. Either too young or untested. My fault for relying on striker mentioned above.

I need to buy or loan a 'complete forward' otherwise my tactic just isnt as effective.

I see that Fernando Torres is listed for loan. Hmmmm. Wages £175,000 per week. My highest earner is £3,600 per week. Ac Milan want me to pay 10% of his wages with no monthly fee. I could pull this off! The board will not allow me to go above £4000 per week in wages for him, so I up the monthly fee to the max allowed. Milan come back, im just short of their minimum requirements.

I ask the board to intervene as this would be a huge coup for Red Star. I have used this feature in other versions but the board always tell me to stick it so I wasn't really expecting a positive outcome.

A few days later, my chairman tells me he has arranged the deal....Im chuffed....they have sorted everything out on my behalf. Cheers. Not such a bad chairman after all....until I see that we bought Torres outright (for half a mill) and are paying him £175,000 per week.

I get hammered by Celtic in the second leg of the playoff. Torres plays like Andrea Silenzi (for you older folk out there)

The inevitable happens. I am ordered to reduce the 'out of control' wage bill by the board. Impossible. I sell 4 of my best players. Nowhere near. Board warn me again. With deadline day looming, I offer him to clubs for free. No takers.

So, I have gone back to a save just before I play Celtic and WITHOUT Torres. I was flying in the league prior to reloading and Torres even scored a couple.

What I cant remember is if I was given the chance to pull out of the deal once I asked my chairman to intervene. I dont recall the option in my inbox.

I feel empty inside.

Archived