Issue with trades and pre-season rosters.

Hi there,

I just got this early access after missing this game for years. I'm so glad you guys have picked it up again!

I have found two issues so far.

The first is it makes me cut down my roster to 23 players half way through the pre-season. The pre-season is for testing out a bunch of players, so I should be able to have a large roster all the way until the end. This provides a more technical problem too. It won't let me play the next pre-season game until I get my roster down to size. This doesn't give time for player to clear waivers, so I have to demote/cut younger players that don't have to clear waivers whether I want to keep them with the big team or not. I shouldn't have to bring my roster down to size until after the pre-season when I have a large gap of days to drop guys through waivers if I want.

Secondly, I can't look at more than one trade request at a time. If I shop a player around, I am only able to look at one offer at a time. I am unable to look at another offer until I reject the first one. I can see all the offers in my messages of course, but I when I click on the offer to see my coach's reaction or to make a counter offer, it is always the first offer that comes up on my screen. This makes it difficult to get the best deal I can for players.

Thanks for all your work. I'm looking forward to the full version coming back!

Hi there,

The first is it makes me cut down my roster to 23 players half way through the pre-season. The pre-season is for testing out a bunch of players, so I should be able to have a large roster all the way until the end. This provides a more technical problem too. It won't let me play the next pre-season game until I get my roster down to size. This doesn't give time for player to clear waivers, so I have to demote/cut younger players that don't have to clear waivers whether I want to keep them with the big team or not. I shouldn't have to bring my roster down to size until after the pre-season when I have a large gap of days to drop guys through waivers if I want.

Secondly, I can't look at more than one trade request at a time. If I shop a player around, I am only able to look at one offer at a time. I am unable to look at another offer until I reject the first one. I can see all the offers in my messages of course, but I when I click on the offer to see my coach's reaction or to make a counter offer, it is always the first offer that comes up on my screen. This makes it difficult to get the best deal I can for players.

As far as I can tell the game follows the current CBA when it comes to roster size so you have the same restrictions as any NHL GM in real life has.

It is quite possible to send a player down to AHL immediately after placing him on waivers. There is NO need for you to wait until he's cleared waivers to do that. Placing a player on Waivers and sending him to the farm team are two different things, they are not connected in any other way than some players need to be placed on waivers before being sent down. NOTE: That is PLACED on waivers NOT CLEARED waivers!

It's quite possible to look at each and every trade offer in turn without making a decision. You do NOT have to act on the previous one before looking at the next one. All you have to do is to hit the back button and open another one of the offers to have a look.

Archived