Could development be broken due to practice?

So I'm also active on the BlueLine forums, and they've had an interesting epiphany a while back regarding the whole practice system and the seemingly extremely slow development of players that over a long term will severely diminish talent levels in the game.

So some people love to run a ''hell'' schedule the moment the season ends, the general idea is that you put all the training fields (offense, defense, tactical etc.) on Intensive with the idea that they use the time away from the game to literally get put through practice hell in the hope that they show remarkable improvements... It's a holdover from EHM07, and it used to be pretty darn effective on player development...

But some people have noted that all the players on said ''hell'' schedule literally don't lose condition in the period they're on that schedule, they stay 100% condition all the way through. Now that might be a function, but then when you put them on ordinary schedules that have medium/light training categories, they suddenly start losing condition quite a bit.

So that made me wonder, perhaps there's a flaw in the practice system right now where Intensive doesn't produce what it's supposed to be. Perhaps some error in the engine/code that Intensive training will end up being less effective than the other options.

It could potentially explain the reason why players are progressing slower too, because if Intensive doesn't work as intended, then that means they won't train as quickly. They might end up becoming lopsided when other attributes are at medium/light and those two options do work as intended.

Of course, just pure speculation becase i'm not able to open the code and take a lookie myself. But it might explain the issue of slow development.

• 5 months later...

That seems to be exactly what i am experiencing. I am new to the game btw.

I am off-Season and i set some 3 intensive 3 medium practice schedules for my Players. Condition never drops. as soon as i let my head Coach take over, he puts an all medium Training on and condition begins to drop.

I even had a guy on a intense full Fitness schedule drop in all his physical Attributes (but i am not experienced enough to know if this may be age related (he's 34)).

Do you have an new insights on this point? Thanks.

Archived