Youth recruitment policies

In my current game I decided to dedicate a bit more time to developing youth. And a major part of this is also the youth recruitment. I have devised a "system" on recruiting and i'm curios what people think about it and what other "systems" people use.

First criteria is obviously age, the maximum I go for is 17 but I usually prefer 14,15 or 16, since it gives me much more time to develop the players, the 17 year olds have to be quite exceptional.

Since I'm managing a top team all my scouts are have over 18 JPP, so I generally trust what they say, I also have the Chief Scout with 20 JPA and JPA to give a second opinion. The minimum I go for is 2 stars potential the description for this rating from my scouts is "leading player in the Serie B", depending on the attributes of that player he can make a good backup or squad player. These 2 - 2.5 stars players need to have good Natural Fitness andStamina, some high mental attributes (as an example a defender with 13 positioning and 12 concentration would qualify for that), decent tehnical and physical attributes, since these can be trained and probably the most important aspect is a high value in Profesionalism (at least 15), so a good combo of Personality and Media Handling is needed for these players. The logic behind this is that with a lot of players being clased as 2-2.5 stars potential I should have plenty to chose from.

From the 3 stars potential onwards players start to be clasified as "leading in the Seria A". For these players I obviously spend more money to get them and I don't really care about their personality since I can tutor them. The only thing I require is a decent value in Natural Fitness, at least 12 I would say, Stamina can be trained so thats not a problem. In terms of the tehnical and physical attributes I look for good all round values for their positions. As for the mental attributes I'm not that picky, if the player reaches the first and doest paly well I can always sell him for a profit.

Archived