Free agent offers

They do not seem all that realistic to me. Younger players don't ask enough money, older players' requests are pretty ok to me, but the years they ask is too much. I approach Gomez or Dany Heatley they both ask for 5-yr contracts! About 1 million or 1 and a half, that's at least realistic. But Tarasenko (well as RFA) asks me 3 years, 3.6 million per, other younger FAs ask me similar deal. I think that younger players (especially the good ones) should ask for much more money and agree on longer contracts, while veterans should ask for less years.

What do you think?

After playing and simming a bit more, top played FAs get some good haircuts in salary once they hit the freeagency... A lot of players get 50% of their salary cut. It would be good to do some scientific study, but UFAs don't ask/get enough money.

A lot of players sign in the $900,000 - $1,200,000 range... definitely not enough

Considering European teams, the salaries are way off. I'm playing with my favorite team JYP Jyväskylä of the Finnish SM-league. I was able to sign Alexei Medvedev from Free Agency for only 35k per season. Veteran Jan Hlavác signed for 50k per year. Petteri Nokelainen signed for 55k. All amounts are in Euros. Those are way too low for players of their caliber. In real life they would ask much more. My estimation, Nokelainen 150-200k, Hlavác 100-150k and Medvedev wouldn't even consider a contract from a Finnish team. He would stay in KHL and have a very good paycheck from there. Also, JYP's player budget is listed as 1,1 M€ but in real life it is now 2,5M€.

Archived