Various Question RE: Expanding and Amending MLS

matty_8

I am trying to put into action a plan I have had for a number of years, but before I start I want to make sure it is possible within the editor.

My Idea

It will be a Worldwide Football League, made up of 30 teams from across the globe, competing in 2 conferences much like the MLS. The teams will be brand new and I will be compiling the original squads from players already in the database. I want the 2 conferences of 15 teams to run just like the MLS, with play-offs and a Cup at end.

I would like the league to be made up of the world's top players, so I was planning to reduce the reputations and budgets of all major worldwide clubs so as to stop them bidding for players within the league. I would also retire them all from international football.

I would also like there to be a draft, hence why I think it would be easier to just amend the MLS rather than start from scratch. I don't even think you can add a draft system to a league.

Questions

1. Is this a plausible idea?

2. Can I expand a league to include more teams, especially one as unique as the MLS with conferences?

3. Can a league be made up of clubs from different nations?

4. Can I amend the quality of player to come through in a Superdraft at the beginning of the season?

Any assitance would be appreciated, especially from those who have taken on the MLS when editing or experience editing with a draft system.

Archived