Promote teams without relegating from upper division - Advanced

bacorales

Hi, I´m creating Argentinian lower leagues as I do every year. This year we have a very complex structure, beacause the tournaments changed and there´s a transicion tournament this year.

The thing is that next season our first division will have 30 teams, (now it has 20). So, from 2nd Division promotes this year 10 teams, and from third division promotes 10 teams as well to 2nd, without any relegation.

The problem I have is when I ran the test, I get the usual error saying that promoted and relegated teams doesn't match from 2nd division (0 relegations) to 3rd division (10 promotions)

How can I configure this? I mean, how can I promote 10 teams from the lower league without relegating the same number of teams from the upper league?

Actually this is set by default between 1st and 2nd division, 10 teams promotes to 1st without any relegation, and I didn't find anything changed/unusual within the promotion/rlegation options... everything looks ok, and I replicated that with 3rd division, but stills give me error message.

Any suggestions?

krlenjushka, thanks for you advice. Actually that option is active with 10 teams (the option is "number of extra lower division teams to be promoted")

If I put in the Second Division options "stage/league settings/relegation rules" all to 0 - I get the promoted/relegated teams error

But If I untick this option and leave it blanck I can check the rules but in-game, the second season never starts... so I´m close...

Any other idea?

second season never start because you need to create new file for competition with 30 teams. set start/end year in first season file - 2014. for second season file set start year 2015

All of that already done krlenjushka. Actually the Argentinian league is set up like that 1st division 2014, 2015 and 2016 - Same with 2nd division, and I created that with third division.

Everything looks alright, I put same settings like the default ones used within 1st and 2nd - The only problem is what I mention, adding that in second division, there is something trying to relegate 2 teams... If I get trough that I think It will work...

if you move 10 teams from division 2 to division 1 "number of extra lower division teams" should be set on 10 in division 1 and in division 2 also because you need to insert 10 more teams in division 2. upload file and i will take a look

if you move 10 teams from division 2 to division 1 "number of extra lower division teams" should be set on 10 in division 1 and in division 2 also because you need to insert 10 more teams in division 2. upload file and i will take a look

Yes, that is set also. Here I send you my archive. Take a look of it please.

It should be like this.

Year 2014 - Starts at August 2014, Ends at December 2014 - This tournament is a transition one, so there´s no relegations between divisions.

First division has 20 teams and in 2015 should have 30, so at the end of 2014, 10 teams should promote from Second Division. The 2014's tournaments are short (6 month) that's why 2nd division is divided into 2 groups of 11, is just a detail...

Also, the new tournament in 2015 will start in January or February 2015 and Ends in December 2015, so from 2015 tournaments are played during all year (2015)

Second Division, will keep 22 teams in 2015, so if 10 teams promote to First, another 10 teams should promote from Third Division.

Third Division is divided into 2 Sub divisions in Argentina. I configure just up to 3rd division because 4th and 5th then will be easy to configure. I also set those 2 sub division with a very simple way of playing, beacause I only need to set OK the promotion/relegations. After that I start adjusting into detail.

So, Third division: 3 teams promote from Metropolitan B Zone and 7 teams promotes from Torneo Federal A (to second division, total 10 teams) - Same thing here, 3 teams promotes from Fourth Division (metropolitan C zone) to Metropolitan B zone and 7 teams promotes from Torneo Federal B to Torneo Federal A - No relegation from 3rd to 4th.... but this isn´t a problem right now.

Apart from all this, Argentina keep using average points system to set relegations. Apparently, the configuration (by default) between 1st and 2nd is OK and works fine, but when I try to use the same configuration between 2nd and 3rd, it gives me the error message. As I said if I configure it using "number of relegated... = 0" the editor says that number of promoted (10 teams) and relegated (0) doesn't match. Average point shouldn't be a problem I think, but I don´t really know this...

If I delete this option (relegation options in league settings) leaving it unticked, it works, but in-game I saw that 2 teams from 2nd division has the "red lined" (the one that identify who is relegating) - and before January 3rd 2015 the divisions never starts...

I've set 2015 and 2016 lines, as you mentioned. And everything looks OK, because when I untick the relegation options the editor keep simulating 'till 2017 and everything is OK, so the problem is just with the promotion/relegation of 2014. I'm not an expert with the editor but I can say that I have a goof knowledge of how it works. I´m starting to think really that this could be hardcoded or is a bug...

Here I send you the archive. Maybe you should change lenguage. Thanks!

http://freakshare.com/files/bf7l3t1k/Argentina-Structure-2015---Bacorales_E601D8F5-352E-490B-B9AC-A2EB51DE2F54.fmf.html

i thought 2nd and 3rd division are just 1 division-without any ub-divisions. i cant set this for you because "number of extra lower division teams" option work ok just when divisions are single diviions-not sub-divisions. i dont know why but didnt manage to set this on fm13 and fm14 so...

Archived