Loaning Players

I don't spend too much time on this part of the forum, so I apologise if this is the wrong place, but I believe this is the place for my questen. Anyway, here we go:

Why can AI controlled clubs approach clubs to loan a player in say, June, while I have to wait until the transfer window opens to have the option of approaching them for a loan?

I've been wondering about this for a while, as it's been annoying me several times, but I've just now actually been annoyed enough to make a post about it.

This just happened recently, where I wanted to approach a player to come to my club on loan next season and he'd be quite a vital part of the squad. My scouts informed me that he was interested in being loaned to me, but there was just one problem. It was only the middle of June. So as I'm waiting for the transfer window to open, another club approaches him about being loaned to them, and he accepts. He joins them and there is NOTHING I can do, because it was still June....

It doesn't seem fair at all, that the AI gets this advantage. Anyone care to explain why?

Archived