A-League Marquee signings

I had a question, since I can't find anything related to it on this board or in the manual.

When you start a game with an A-League team, in my instance Perth Glory, many of them have a marquee player, in our case Shane Smeltz. Smeltz is being paid $600k pa at the start of the game, double the $300k pa the board is restricting me to.

Now that a year has passed and Smeltz is reaching the end of his career, how do I go about signing a similar sort of marquee? I can't see anything in the manual or this forum that addresses this in the handheld edition, unlike the desktop version, or are you just out of luck and the marquee you start with is the only one you get? I'm asking because my muppet of an assistant manager keeps suggesting players in the team report that if I look to offer a contract for, I just get "Doesn't think you can meet his demands". I have a good $800k free in my wage bill but I can't get the most out of it.

Cheers!

Do a transfer search with the "interested" switched to yes, then use the main search parameters to find a suitable player.

For example, if you have $800k on wages to spend, under the wages drop down, select the 0-525,00 P.A button and you will be pleasantly surprised.

I don't think that's ever done anything for me no matter the version of FM H...

To be clear, I have $800k on wages, but my board only allows wages of $300k and I can't get around that restraint when looking for a key player. I just get "Doesn't think the club can meet his demands" on the contract screen. I've assumed it could be done somehow since you have a player that starts with the big wage, but I've never been able to make it work.

Archived