Enough is enough...

Sorry SI, but you've lost me now.

I have never been more disappointed and disillusioned with a Football Manager game than I have with FM2014.

For starters, the ME is utter tripe compared to previous releases. How often do you see professional footballers standing still and watching a ball come 50 yards down pitch towards them only to react after it's bounced 20 yards behind them and their player has run past him? How many times do players misplace 2 yard passes? How many times to players get the ball in the centre circle with multiple options to pass to, only to hoof it back to the keeper?

And before I get flamed and have "It must be your tactics" rammed down my throat again, it's not tactics, it's the game.

And what is all this rubbish with fluidity? Why should it take 8, 9, 10 weeks for a basic 442 tactic to become fluid? Are you telling me the players are that dumb? Come on!

Player instructions are a joke, rarely do players do as instructed.

All in all, I have to say that I HATE this version of the game, which is a real shame as I have had immense enjoyment with every other version since CM93/94.

I will NOT be wasting my money on FM15 unless someone really convinces me that SI have improved the game (and yes, to all you self-righteous mods, it is foremost above all else a GAME).

If you wish to continue down this self-indulgent route then feel free, but you wont be seeing any of my money.

Archived