Fire From The Bottum

zhang

There rings the phone.

"Who is that?"asked Mrs Allison, "It's OK, I get it. Go on sleep, babe."said Ian Allison, the manager of Boreham Wood, which participates Skrill Premier now for 2014/15 season.

"What the f**k Myc? It's in the middle of the night!"

"I know, I just can't sleep. I need your advice." I said. Actually, I am shockingly sleepy, but I can't stop thinking the 2 consecutive lose in the openning of Skrill Premier.

"The 2 lose, right? It is just the beginning of this season. Besides you've proved yourself, you promoted Eastleigh." said Ian, patiently.

"I need your advise. I lost to Chester and Cambridge, they are not competitive in this division. And tomorrow we are going to face Aldershot, the 3rd of the league, what should I do? I don't think I can handle this. Maybe I'm not qualified for the Skrill Premier division."

"Mark my words. It's still early in the season. And you're a good manager, you brought Eastleigh from the buttom half to the 3rd of South, and made it to the Premier. You will never go back. Eastleigh will be at the top half at the end of this season. What you have to do now is to have a good sleep. Aldershot is not capable of bringing you trouble."

That's very nice of Ian. But I still can't sleep.

---

I felt a snooze in my pocket. After I got my iPhone 4 in front of my eyes, I found I did not recognize the number, actually, it belonged to another country.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Is there Mr......eh...Mycroft Z...Z...Zhang III?"

"Yes, I am. May I know whom I am talking to?"

"Good morning, oh, good afternoon there in China, Mr Zhang III. My name is Stewart Donald, the chairman of Eastleigh Football Club. I hereby make this phone call to inform you that our club have received your CV, and we want to have a interview to decide whether we can hire you as our next manager."

You must be kidding me. My CV is a bunch of Football Manager experiences, from 2002 to 2013. After graduating from BSU Management School, I worked for Esquire and FHM, I never touched sport since I left school. The CV I sent to them was just a joke to me.

"Are you still there? Mr Zhang III?"

"Just call me Myc, please." his voice brought me back to the reality, finally.

"OK. Let's start the interview."

"O...OK, no problem."

After the interview, I got the job. Lead Eastleigh to the 3rd from 13th at the end of 2013/14 season. What is amazing is that when we met the Boreham Wood at the 2nd last round, Ian and I just became best friends. We lost the game, and they got the trophy. In playoff, we knocked Dover and Ebbsfield out, making it to the Skrill Premier.

---

Memory is sweet, but still failed to help me fall into sleep.

"F**k."

It is dawn outside, I open the curtain of my room, starting to check the cars and people in the street.

"Scew that!" I am talking to myself again!

The town of Aldershot is so beautiful, but I decide not to have mercy for Aldershot FC.

###

FM 14.1.4 England all levels.

This is my first story here, I hope you like it, my honorable reader.

Thanks for reading! And happy Thanksgiving!

Archived