Transfer Targets Shortlist

Just started playing the game last night as Tottenham and I put a couple of players on my transfer targets shortlist for my chairman Daniel Levy to try to negotiate on my behalf. Originally I had myself selected in 'Staff responsibilities' to sort out any transfers which meant that when I put players on the transfer targets shortlist and asked the club to handle them it was my assistant Steffen Freund who sorted them out. However, I want the chairman to do this. Therefore I selected the option in 'Staff Responsibilites' for Daniel Levy to do this.

However, whilst this works, it also leaves room for Daniel Levy to try to buy his own targets. Whilst this isn't a massive problem (because I have final say on all transfers) it can still get quite annoying. So my question is - is there a way to get the chairman (who is my best negotiator) to deal with my my chosen transfer targets without pursuing his own? At the moment the only options I can get are Steffen Freund doing it, or Daniel Levy doing it but whilst trying to buy his own targets too.

Thanks

Archived