Possession in away matches

Hello fellow FM-fans.

I am having some problems with my away tactic. Whenever I play at home, I get around 70% possession, sometimes lower, sometimes higher, but almost never below 65%. I create chances, I play the football I want and I'm generally left satisfied after my home games.

However, when I play away from home, especially against the better playing teams (teams who play for European football), I completely lose control of the match. My possession percentage drops to 50%-55%, my pass completion is just plain bad, in all lines, defence, midfield, attack.

My attacking midfielders at home have pass completions around 90%-95%, away it's about 65%-75%. My defence just shoots balls away so that my opponent can take control of the ball and my attack just keeps running into defenders, losing the ball in the progress.

I've had a 3-2-2-3 away-tactic (3 defenders, 2 DMC, 2 MC, 2 wingers and 1 ST) which worked quite well for a while, but then the AI figured it out and I got completely overrun.

Now I've resorted to a relatively deep-dropped 4-man defensive line to prevent from being overrun by counter balls played by my opponent. Last match against Feyenoord I had a relatively high pass completion percentage for my midfielders, but my defence was complete rubbish and it was a lucky last-minute goal that gave me the 1-2 win.

1671mvo.jpg

2gvqyxl.jpg

I want to know HOW I can keep possession against the better teams while playing away. I've won the CL about 11 times now I believe, I've won the Eredivisie every season from the start and even though I renewed my squad by selling the older veterans and stars, I still should be better then every other team in the league.

I don't mind dropping deeper in away matches, but I do want to play a possession game. I understand that having a consistent possession percentage of 80% in away matches is undoable, but keeping control and limiting the opponents shots should be possible.

http://www.2shared.com/file/FjTGK-NO/2-3-2-3_Away.html

http://www.2shared.com/file/EVQ-9D_E/2-3-2-3_Home.html

Hello fellow FM-fans.

I am having some problems with my away tactic. Whenever I play at home, I get around 70% possession, sometimes lower, sometimes higher, but almost never below 65%. I create chances, I play the football I want and I'm generally left satisfied after my home games.

However, when I play away from home, especially against the better playing teams (teams who play for European football), I completely lose control of the match. My possession percentage drops to 50%-55%, my pass completion is just plain bad, in all lines, defence, midfield, attack.

My attacking midfielders at home have pass completions around 90%-95%, away it's about 65%-75%. My defence just shoots balls away so that my opponent can take control of the ball and my attack just keeps running into defenders, losing the ball in the progress.

I've had a 3-2-2-3 away-tactic (3 defenders, 2 DMC, 2 MC, 2 wingers and 1 ST) which worked quite well for a while, but then the AI figured it out and I got completely overrun.

Now I've resorted to a relatively deep-dropped 4-man defensive line to prevent from being overrun by counter balls played by my opponent. Last match against Feyenoord I had a relatively high pass completion percentage for my midfielders, but my defence was complete rubbish and it was a lucky last-minute goal that gave me the 1-2 win.

1671mvo.jpg

2gvqyxl.jpg

I want to know HOW I can keep possession against the better teams while playing away. I've won the CL about 11 times now I believe, I've won the Eredivisie every season from the start and even though I renewed my squad by selling the older veterans and stars, I still should be better then every other team in the league.

I don't mind dropping deeper in away matches, but I do want to play a possession game. I understand that having a consistent possession percentage of 80% in away matches is undoable, but keeping control and limiting the opponents shots should be possible.

http://www.2shared.com/file/FjTGK-NO/2-3-2-3_Away.html

http://www.2shared.com/file/EVQ-9D_E/2-3-2-3_Home.html

Are you losing the games you play away though? Personally id say if your keeping 55% possesion and winning then why try and change things? You got a lucky goal against Feynoord away to win, may have been luck but a win is a win? Thats my opininon anyway, youve said youve won the CL 11 times and the Eredversie every year since the start so things are obviously going pretty well. I understand why you want perfection because I am the same, but at the end of the day a wins a win.

Archived