Target Man Supply..

Hi guys, need some help.

Basically, im playing a 4-4-2 with a target man and poacher upfront combination. I've just won the BSP with Lincoln in the year 2016 after a few managerial mishaps/sackings etc. Basically, I dont really undertstand the target man supply. I have a strong TM who has a good first touch but bad heading attribute. I currently play him as the set target man on the tactics screen. On the team instructions I set the poacher as 'target man' and set his supply to run on to ball, so he picks up throughballs which are played behind the defensive line. Why can i do this? surely im essentially now playing two target men.. What are the benefits or negatives of this? It seems to be working quite well!

Any help or guidance would be hugely appreciated. Thank you!

You can set anyone as your target man, just imagine the different kind you have - carroll or surez both could do the job but for different reason's, it all depends what you want from it.

Whether it is as you have it your faster striker running on to balls or if you change it for your actual target man to hold up the ball and bring others in or win flick on's,anyway it is basically a set of instructions for your players to aim for ?

Archived