[FM2012] The battle of Belgian Beers

laBOMBA

Just for a bit of fun, and to test out dynamic leagues, I created a new European country. I wanted the clubs in the new country to represent Belgian beers, that would battle it out amongst each other for the title: "Best Belgian beer of the year".

This is my very first attempt with creating a new country, so any comments are welcome.

A bit more info:

The Country

The new country goes by the name of "Gambrinus", named after the Flemish patron of beer brewers.

Wikipedia

The Gambrinussians have their own nationality, but are closely linked with Belgium. Therefore, their names are similar to Belgian names. The national team competes for European and World Cup qualification, but are very low on the ranking list. Since they are a new country, the level of football they play is very low.

All the Gambrinussians are barely understandable and developed their own easy to learn language called "Gibberish".

In Europe, villages and cities grew from a central location which is usually a church. The Gambrinussian cities grow in a similar fashion, but predominatly around the breweries. The cities have further developed and have been named after those breweries.

The Clubs

No less than 80 clubs have developed out of those cities and they are all named after Belgian beers. They all have a very low reputation and a small stadium to allow for some spectators to watch the games in this thinly populated country. The stadium has been named after the local village idiot (random generated Belgian name). The size is depending on the league the club plays in, and varies between 1000-3000. The clubs have limited funds available, also depending on which league they play in.

The Competitions

There are a few competitions that the different clubs participate in:

• Gambrinussian Master League - the top league of the country. A league system with 16 teams
  • Gambrinussian Academic League - the second division, also a league system with 16 teams
  • Gambrinussian Scholar League - the third division, split into 2 groups of 18 teams. This league has a lot of promotion and relegation playoffs
  • Gambrinussian Lower League - sole purpose of being able to promote new teams into the scholar league
  • G-Cup - this is the national cup. The winner qualifies for Europe
  • -6% Cup, -9% Cup, +9% Cup - these are pre-season cups where clubs participate based on their alcohol percentage. The 3 cups are grouped with beers -6%, between 6-9% and +9%. These cups are heavily sponsored and pay out decent prize money

Every club will participate in 1 league and 2 cups. Gambrinus himself has allocated the different teams to the different divisions based on international ratings from several beer websites, and based on personal flavour.

I also added a few graphics like flags, league logos and a national team logo.

Link to the file: Gambrinus v1.0.zip

How to install:

• extract all files from the zip file
  • move the .dbc file into your editor data folder (in MyDocuments/SportsInteractive/FootballManager2012/editor data)
  • move the content of the graphics folder into your graphics folder (in MyDocuments/SportsInteractive/FootballManager2012/graphics) if you don't have a graphics folder, create one.

Thats it! Have fun bringing your favourite Belgian beer to the top!

Cheers.

The country flag and logos are quite basic so I am sending a request to you all out there to create a better flag/logo.

Tips:

• If you load other leagues as "view only", you (and other clubs) will have more opportunity to sign foreign players
  • If you only load Gambrinus with a large database, you get about 7000 players. I would recommend loading the players of the top clubs of all the continents. It brings the player count to 20000.

Archived