Jamie - Birmingham

Richard - Blackpool

Luke - Cardiff

James - Reading

Matt - N/A

TITLES WON

Jamie: Birmingham - Npower Championship

Richard: Blackpool- Npower Championship Manger Of The Year

We will try to keep this updated as much as possible if your interested in playing please dont post here message me or apply via the website.

Please Remeber when applying.

You MUST turn up to every session or email the host with a reason for missing it. I have just retired 2 managers who played for 2 hours then dissappeared.

Spaces Availible = 0

http://fmcccc.webs.com

Birmingham_City_FC_logo.png

So my reign as Birmingham City FC begins.

I have relised the tough expectations that are set upon me with the Euro Cup and all the Domestic games with a smallish Championship quality team.

The board want me to gain auto promotion and have only allowed me 2.5 mill to spend and 240k on wages. I am going to have to get good scouts and send them out looking for young freebies that may be able to help. My main aim has to be bolster the squad as if i have a godo run in the cups i could be looking at in the region of 55+ games this season.

I am looking forward to a long and exhausting season.

Team: Ipswich Town

When I picked Ipswich, I was very disappointed. However, on second glance, I'm actually quite happy with the team that got picked for me. A decent foundation with a 4 mil transfer kitty was a nice suprise. I am playing a 4-2-2-2 formation. I am in need of:

DL

DR

AMR

AML

ST (back up)

Full back positions are always hard to fill, but i have a target or 2 in mind. As for the 2 attacking wingers, these must be my stars and the majority of my transfer budget will be on getting those 2 key positions. More updates to come!

blackpool-fc-logo-300x301px.jpg&w=300&h=301&ei=tpkDT43ALtKBhQfRqOTHAQ&zoom=1

The random team was kind as I picked out Blackpool. Relegated last season expectation is to get back into the big time as quick as possible.

I opted for a challenge for the title and was offered £4.8m and 180k in wages.

My aim as always is to look to secure players for the future and slashing the current wage bill to allow me to sign more players.

So I began by controversially offering out some of the older players and those where I felt wages were wasted: Barry Ferguson - £1.7m, Brett Ormerod - £200k + £100k After 10 League Goals, Angel - £700k and Daniel Bogdanovic - £50k

I sent my scout out to look for talented youngsters and awaited his response....

Jamie - Birmingham City

Well Last Session we got off and running and managed to get the first game of the season done and dusted.

Players in

Juanmi - On Loan

Jamie Murphy - Motherwell - £1.4mill

Leandro - Gremio - £9mill ( Huge Prospect)

Players Out

Luke Hubbins - On Loan to Torquay

Jack Butland - On Loan to Bristol Rovers

Pre Season

Birmingham Reserves - 3-0 Win

Darlington - 1-1 Draw

Charlton - 1-1 Draw

Raith - 0-5 Loss

Preston - 5-0 Win

Overall a really bad pre season im praying for a better start to the season.

Season

Birmingham 2 - 3 Burnley

Got off to flying start with Jamie Murphy grabbing a 10minutes brace but from there on it turned into a nightmare with conceeding 2 quick fire goals in the 30th minute. Came in at HT 2-2 told the team to pull their fingers out which "fired them up" but ended up conceeding a goal straight from the off. The team then managed to create chance of chance but could not find the back of the net.

Next up Watford away.

Watford vs Birmingham

Championship

Once again the team started off strong with Jamie Murphy scoring first in the 20th minute and Jean Beausejour grabbing a 2nd for the team. We kept creating chances and not letting them get a sniff of the action. We came in at half time 2-0 up and i was very pleased with what i saw i told the team to keep pushing for the fans. In the 78th minute John Eustace grabbed a goal for Watford from a corner. At the point i began to think of the Burnley game, But before i could say “were going to throw it away” Adam Rooney scored an absolute belter from 20 yards out in the 84th minute. Watford then went on to score a consolation goal in the 93rd minute.

Full Time: Watford 2 – 3 Birmingham

Goal Scorers: Jamie Murphy, Jean Beausejour, Adam Rooney

Slovan Bratislava vs Birmingham

Euro Cup 4th Round Qual 1st Leg

Thought this might be a relatively easy draw but boy was i wrong. In the 8th minute they broke free and Karim Guede scored 1 on 1 with keeper. The game then went dry with Slovan creating the better chances by half time i had 2 shots on the board. I told the guys i wanted to see something else in the 2nd half. My Team then came out fighting creating a further 16 shots in the 2nd half but it was only due to Jordan Mutch 58th minute well placed shot that we managed to escape with the all important away goal.

Full Time: Slovan Bratislava 1 – 1 Birmingham

Goal Scorers: Jordan Mutch

Coventry vs Birmingham

Championship

With Coventry sitting rock bottom i knew i had to make headway in this game but Coventry came out fighting and managed to hold me to pretty boring 0-0 at HT. The 2nd half came and we looked stronger and ready to fight for that title at long last. My AML Nathan Redmond ran down the wing and cut inside to score a very well placed shot in the bottom corner. But Coventry with their never say die attitude came straight out the blocks to equalized with a Gary Mcsheffrey goal. Fortunately that was one of their only chances of the 2nd half. We left it very late and in the 86th minute Wade Elliot crossed in a corner for CB Pablo to head into the net. Keith Fahey then scored in the 94th min to secure the victory

Full Time: Coventry 1 – 3 Birmingham

Goal Scorers: Nathan Redmond, Pablo, Keith Fahey

Slovan Bratislava vs Birmingham

Euro Cup 4th Round Qual 2nd Leg

2nd leg time after securing the away goal i knew all i had to do here is hold it 0-0/1-1 or grab that win. We started strongly again with Adam Rooney scoring in the 2nd minute. After this it was a relatively boring game until the 67th minute when Slovan Striker dived in the box and got his team a penalty which they scored. Once again the game died off until the 83rd minute when Adam Rooney scored his 2nd of the game with a great through ball played by Jordan Mutch. Wade Elliot the sealed the win with a 92nd minute tap in from close range. We were off to the Group Stage.

Full Time: Birmingham 3 - 1 Slovan Bratislava ( 4-2 Agg)

Goal Scorers: Adam Rooney (2), Wade Elliot

News Update

• Leandro my £9million signing came back from Brazil U20’s injured for 2 months

• Euro Cup Group Stage Draw: A.S. Roma, Maccabi Haifa, Aalesund.

• Bought Paul Pogba in from Man Utd on a 3 month loan deal as back up

After qualifying for the Group stage of the Euro Cup It dawned on me that in theory i had no chance of winning of it and as such am thinking about using it to let me reserves and u-18’s have a run out but i have not full decided on this yet will see how things go.

Birmingham vs Nottingham Forrest

Championship

Juanmi was back from injury and his u-20’s world cup adventure. I threw him straight in the starting line up to partner Adam Rooney up front for what i thought was going to be a tough game against Promotion Challengers Nottingham Forrest. Curtis Davies knocked in a powerful header from close range to put me 1-0 up in the 26th minute. Adam Rooney scored a quick 2nd in the 30th minute to give us the 2-0 goal cushion we needed. Juanmi then made an impact in the 46th minute scoring on his debut. Nottingham Forrest then scored a great goal but apparently it was Boaz Myhill O.G. Juanmi then continued the rout with a calmly placed shot in the 90th minute.

Full Time: Birmingham 4 - 1 Nottingham Forrest ( 4-2 Agg)

Goal Scorers: Juanmi (2), Curtis Davies, Adam Rooney

West Ham vs Birmingham

Championship

This one was against other fellow manager Matt Flynn who was unable to play due to having computer problems. In fairness he didn’t miss much of an entertainment fixture more a dull watching paint dry sort of match. Juanmi continued his scoring fashion in the 34th minute which was the only decent chance of the whole game.

Full Time: Birmingham 1 - 0 West Ham

Goal Scorers: Juanmi

Leeds United vs Birmingham

Championship

I decided to rest youngster Juanmi for this game and bought back the partnership of Jamie Murphy and Adam Rooney. With Adam Rooney opening the scoring in the 26th minute when he was played through by Wade Elliott. Adam Rooney returned the favour in the 35th minute and Wade coolly finished to put us 2-0 up. Jamie Murphy then pretty much sealed the win in the 44th minute. The 2nd half came and we seemed to take our foot off the pedal a little bit but stayed strong at the back to keep the clean sheet. Curtis davies scored a late header to put us 4-0 up.

Full Time: Leeds United 0 - 4 Birmingham ( 4-2 Agg)

Goal Scorers: Jamie Murphy, Curtis Davies, Adam Rooney, Wade Elliott

Aalesund vs Birmingham

Euro Cup Group G

I decided to put a full strength team out to see how well we faired in the European Cup. And we started very weak and only thanks to a penalty did we go in at half time with lead Adam Rooney smoothly placing the ball beyond the reach of the keeper. I told the boys at HT i wanted to see more from them which they seemed to listen to with Nathan Redmond scoring a 2nd for us in the 50th minute. Adam Rooney then missed a penalty with Aalesund breaking quickly to score and making it 2-1. Aalesund then kept on the pressure and managed to sneak a late equalizer.

Full Time: Aalesund 2 - 2 Birmingham

Goal Scorers: Adam Rooney (pen), Nathan Redmond

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham

Championship

I will sum this game up for you in a sentence. A total of 10 shots for both teams 6 Highlights all game, and Marvin Emnes scoring in the 89th minute.

Full Time: Middlesbrough 1 - 0 Birmingham

Goal Scorers:

Wigan vs Birmingham

League Cup 3rd Round

I was eagerly Anticipating this game to see how my team fairs against bottom half of the table premier league team. We played our little socks off and held them 0-0 to half time showing some great chances. In the 54th minute we played a sloppy pass back to Myhill when Sammon intercepted it and rounded the keeper making it 1-0 to Wigan. We continued to pressure and Pablo managed to nod a cross into the net to make it 1-1 in the 63rd minute. I then bought on Zigic for his first return after injury and with his first touch he showed his class and scored with a well placed 18 yard shot into the corner. Wigan had 3 shots all match and only 40% of the possession.

Full Time: Wigan 1 - 2 Birmingham

Goal Scorers: Zigic, Pablo

Birmingham vs Ipswich

Championship

In our final game of the session I was up against Championship strugglers Ipswich who gave me a good match but thanks to Boaz Myhill having an absolute stormer of a game we kept them at bay with Adam Rooney breaking free to round the keeper in the 30th minute. Ipswich then kept coming at us but still Myhill kept them out. HT came and went and after that it was a dull game only for Juanmi to score his 4th of the season in the 90th minute

Full Time: Birmingham 2 - 0 Ipswich

Goal Scorers: Juanmi, Adam Rooney

Top Goalscorers

1. Adam Rooney – 7 Goals in 10 Apps

2. Juanmi – 4 Goals in 7 Apps

3. Jamie Murphy – 4 Goals in 12 Apps

Top Assists

1. Wade Elliott – 6 Assists in 10 Apps

2. Adam Rooney – 5 Assists in 10 Apps

3. Nathan Redmond – 3 Assists in 6 Apps

Current League Table

As you can see im only 4 points off of the top and i have 2 games in hand.

npowerchampionshipoverv.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Richard - BLACKPOOL

It wasnt a great pre-season at Blackpool, no offers were made for any of the players I transfer listed and I struggled to sign any decent youth prospects to build for the future of the club.

Instead I managed to grab 2 late deals before the season kicked off:

We kicked the season off with a BANG!

openinggame.png.

Emmanuel Frimpong- Arsenal - DMC/MC

Signed on a season long loan with 0% wage contribution, will play a key role in my team this season I think.

Andreas Hinkel - Free Transfer - DR/WBR

Signed as good backup for the right back position which I felt we lacked depth.

It took only a few games into the season for our best keeper by far Matthew Gilks pick up an injury that would see him out for 2 months. I managed to get decent backup in:

Ben Amos - Manchester United - GK

Got him on a season long loan again with 0% towards his wages. Will go right in my starting 11 with Gilks out and provide decent cover for when he returns.

We put together a few good wins to start off with but for some reason our form dipped and we dropped out of the playoff places early on. This led to a couple of last minute panic buys from me just before the deadline shut:

Wilfried - Vitesse - ST

A £2.5m offer met his minimum fee release clause he is a strong athletic striker with lots of potential could be a key player for Blackpool for many years to come.

Dario Battinelli - Flamengo - AMC/AMLR

Cost £800k for a season long loan a strong attacking midfielder with good playmaker attributes, will hopefully keep Taylor-Fletcher at the top of his game competing for places.

These 2 transfers were done so last minute we missed the registration so theyre currently in the reserves till January! lol

We picked up our league form and went on quite a run, a disappointing early league cup exit to Wycombe on pens meant for the time being we could just concentrate on the league.

After 18 games we topped the table by 1 point but its a tight league and with Jamie's Birmingham having 2 games in hand they could level on points with 2 wins.

Key players for me so far have been:

Kevin Phillips

15 goals in 17 games a great return from the not so pacey striker.

Elliott Grandin

Ever present this season with 8 goals and 9 assists rating at 7.65 probably our star performer so far.

Hopefully these 2 and the rest can keep up the great form into 2012 where my 2 new signings will hopefully help get us into the Prem!

Jamie - Birmingham City FC

Right where to start?

Start with

FA Cup

In the 3rd round i was drawn against Gateshead I was over the moon thinking this would be a walk in the park but boy was i wrong we could not get started and they matched us everywhere it was through a lucky 75th minutes goal that we scraped it 1-0.

With not doing so well in the 3rd round i was extremely Nervous when being drawn against Newcastle United, We actually turned up for this game and showed the premier league why we should be there running out 2-1 winners.

The 5th round draw come up with fellow Championship side Peterborough. It was a fairly even game but we managed to come out on top winning 2-1.

I knew this was going to a tough draw as i was drawn against the the team that i do not do well against on FM. West Brom and it was away. and it continued in this match when i went out and lost 4-0. I was embarassed.

Europa League

The eurpa league if you all read my previous post i was not sure wether i should even try for this but i did and im surprised the results:

Group Stage

Aaslund - 2 v 2 (D)

M. Haifa - 1 v 1 (D)

Roma - 4 v 0 (W) <----- yes thats right win!

Roma - 1 v 1 (D)

Aaslund - 1 v 0 (W)

M. Haifa - 1 v 1 (D)

The Table looked like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/eurocupoverviewstages.png/

Having Qualified from the group i was happy and then this draw happend:

Birmingham vs FC Kobenhaven..

I honestly thought i could do something with that game. But when the game come up my team were in bad form and i couldnt capatilise. i lost 1-0 in both legs and i was devastated by this loss. Especially when Roma went on and won the competetion.

League Cup

Being Holders of this cup i felt it was our duty to go at it the best we could with it bought these great games:

Wigan 1 - 2 Birmingham

Rotherham 0 - 3 Birmingham

QPR 1 - 3 Birmingham

West Brom 2 - 1 Birmingham (Leg 1)

Birmingham 2 - 0 West Brom (Leg 2)

We had done it got to the final and it wasnt against a BIG team like Man Utd, Arsenal etc.. it was Fulham.

But once again the big occasion made my bid players scared we came in at HT 3-0 down and not having a single shot on target if it was not for Boaz Myhill we could of been 10/11 down. We came out at HT and looekd the better team creating chance after chance but could not break them down.

Fulham 3 - 1 Birmingham <--- Final

Npower Championship

THE BIG ONE!

At the start of the season we was expected to go up as champions but we did go at the hard way. At the start of the season we was unbeaten for a long time and looked good but playing 65 games in a season is a lot to ask fo 19 players maybe picking to take on the europa league was the wrong move. But thanks to a good final push with a win against Southampton final game of the season we managed to pip Burnley to the post.

Birmingham City FC Crowned Npower Championship Title Winners

Final League Table:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/npowerchampionshipovervp.png/

My Player of the season: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/wadeelliottoverviewattr.png

My Hottest Prospect: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/nathanredmondoverviewat.png<--- wanted by Man Utd, Arsenal & Chelsea

Final Players Stats: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/birminghamcitysquadplay.png/

I would like to thank my fellow Managers for Voting me the CMOY ( Clan Manager Of the Year)

2012/2013

Aim - Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget - £30,000,000

Wage Budget - £375,000

Alan Walton - Leeds United

Well having joined the group at the Beginning of October a choice of teams were very limited as the only options were any of 4 teams at the bottom of the table. Leeds jumped out and hit me in the face but surely there were more reasons as to why they were down there.

First job was to check the funds in which my laptop keyboard took the full brunt of my foundings. With 400k to spend on players and 16k left to spend on wages permanent signings were out the window and a fine tooth comb needed for the loan market.

fmtransfers.jpg

By alanwalton83 at 2012-01-19

Starting in 19th position and unable to reshape the team as i would of liked in pre-season a great turn in fortunes and the goal scoring form of Loanee Andy Keogh of 23 goals in 24 games brought me to within touching distance of the play-offs and within 6 pts.

Then due to powers out of my control a power cut at my residency left my Assistant in charge for 6 games and only winning 1 of them left with just optimism for next season. With a manager of the month award behind me and a few more pennies in pre-season next season looks to be the spring board for special things at Elland Road.

Season 2012/2013 - Pre Season Report

Now with my previous report i told you i had £30,000,000 to spend well i decided that if i wanted to get anywhere fast i had to build a top quality team so this £30,000,000 effectivly turned into £90,000,000 when i decided to do ALOT of deals over 48months.

birminghamtransfershist.png

As you can see alot of talent in there.

I started off strong with a 4-2 away win @ West Brom. and its been a steady ease into the Premier life with wins @ Man Utd and Arsenal, But at the same time major loses at Fulham and Liverpool.

The Table so far:

englishpremierdivisionox.png

Im hoping for Mid table with the team i currently have.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of posts recently but we have managed to finish the next season :)...

2012/2013

I managed to finish a respectable 8th in the league.

2013/2014

I was hoping for Mid table and i knew it was about to time to settle the team together and stop bringing new faces in to unsettling things.

birminghamtransfershist.png

Heading in to the final game of the season i was some how top and 2 points clear of a dominating Man Utd. I had to get a win against Newcastle to secure my championship as Man Utd had a far superior GD to me.

23rd Min - Man Utd 1 - 0 Chelsea

26th Min - Newcastle 1 - 0 Birmingham.. It was not looking good

27th Min - Man Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea

30th Min - Man Utd 3 - 0 Chelsea

32nd Min - Newcastle 1 - 1 Birmingham

40th Min - Newcastle 1 - 2 Birmingham - GAME ON!!

44th Min - Newcastle 2 - 2 Birmingham - Uh Oh ... Gutting right on the verge of HT

64th Min - Newcastle 2 - 3 Birmingham - As things stand i am the Prem Champs

70th Min - NEWCASTLE PEN!

71st Min - Robert Green Saves the Pen

90th Min - BIRMINGHAM HAVE WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE!

englishpremierdivisionol.png

I am noe being linked with the retireing Alex Fergusons job at Man Utd so i have alot to think about over the next few weeks as to wether i want this or wether i want to take Birmingham all the way!?

Its been a long time since I updated so here goes...

Richard - Blackpool 2011-2012

We won promotion from the Championship with a penalty win against West Ham in the playoff final.

The squad lacked quality for the Premiership and depth in certain positions with a transfer budget of £30mil I brought in a number of players to help keep Blackpool in the top flight:

Papiss Cisse - Striker - £10m up front + £7m over 3 years.

By far the biggest transfer fee spent by Blackpool I was confident this guys goals would ensure we stayed up in the next season.

Yaya Sanogo - Striker - Season loan

With kevin phillips on the decline I felt another striker was needed, Jamie kindly accepted the deal and I hoped he would team up well with Cisse.

Jose Catala - Left Back - £2.3m

Left back position was the weakest of our team, I hoped this experienced full back from Villareal could strengthen our defence.

Scott Carson - Goalkeeper - £6m

Carson came with a hefty price tag but we needed a proven GK at the top level, although Carson has had his ups and downs at the top flight I was hoping he would return to the Premier League at the top of his game.

Nemanja Matic - Defensive Midfielder - £1.9m

Brought in as decent cover for Diame in the DMC position.

Dario Bottinelli - Attacking Midfielder - £2m

This guy was my bargain buy at just 2m he has great attributes and will surely provide great support for the 2 front men.

Michael Turner - Centre Back - Season loan

Brought in the experienced centre back from Sunderland to give some added quality in defence.

With these signings I was hopeful for Blackpool's 1st season back in the Premier League....

Richard - Blackpool 2012/2013

To say this season was a disaster would be an understatement ! LOL

We started well in the Premier League reaching the dizzy heights of european qualification places then things seemed to slip..... and slip.... HA

Finished the season Rock Bottom of the Premier League and with so much expectation on new man Papiss Cisse to bang the goals in he only managed 2 goals in about 30 games and subsequently received the Worst Signing Of The Season Award.

Dario Bottinelli had been excellent all season for us but the team never looked like staying up after December time. With squad morale extremely low despite a number of team meetings to try and help things, I decided there was nothing else I could do for this Blackpool side and I had no option but to head for the exit.

jobcentre1119568c.jpg

¬Richard 2 - Sunderland!

201e7e5ce58240884e1db16.jpg

Well I was back in management but with an all new Sunderland side. Relegated to the Championship along with my ex-team Blackpool Sunderland had a brilliant squad for the NPower Championship but an extremely high wage budget to match. I had no money to spend on new players which wasnt an issue as I felt the team was good enough to perform at this level.

My only issue would be to try and cut the wage budget or sell off any unwanted players as to keep the clubs debts from spiralling out of control.

Well we did it we acchieved promotion from the Championship! Coming in 2nd place behind West Ham we managed to get back into the top flight. My star player was without question 1 of the 3 strikers from the 4-3-3 formation I opted for this season...

sigporsson.jpg

He managed 49 goals in 53 games for us this season and almost single handedly got us right back into the Premiership.

My ex-team Blackpool remained in the Championship and I could look forward to another hard season in the top league of English football, my aim in pre-season is to look for some cheap proven players as I'm not expecting alot of money to spend. Also with rumours going around the game that I'm just a Championship Manager Im keen to prove everyone wrong!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived