[FM11] From The Valley's of Wales To Everywhere Else [A Journey Thread]

Kyle Seddon

Wales v Sweden - International Friendly.

Cardiff City Stadium.

Squad:

GK: Hennessey

LB: Gunter

FB: Matthews

CB: Williams

CB: Collins

LM: Bale (Ledley) 50

RM: Cotterill

CM: Ramsey

CM: Seddon (King) 56

ST: Earnshaw

ST: Bellamy (Evans) 75

Kyle Seddon at the age of 25 makes his sixtieth appearence for Wales and leads out the team for this international friendly versus Sweden.

Final Score:

Wales 2-1 Sweden

Seddon 5, 19

Olssen (s/o) 56

The Newspapers

Shock news this morning as Kyle Seddon, influential figure for both Cardiff City and the Wales national team retires from Football after serious injury sustained in International Friendly versus Sweden.

The Pitch

The incident happened in the 55th minute with Seddon on the ball and aiming for his hat-rick and also his fiftieth goal for Wales cut inside from the left wing putting Olssen on his backside before a deft flick took the ball away from the onrushing centre back. With Seddon one-on-one with the keeper, Olssen with a rash challenge from behind brought Seddon to the ground clutching his knee. Instantly the Welsh lads knew Seddon was in an immense amount of pain and ordered for the stretcher.

The Physio Room

With Seddon in tears upon leaving the field he applauds the reception given to him from the fans around the stadium. The medical team lead him down the tunnel and into the physio room where the Welsh physio Mel Pejic is awaiting.

His face solemn, he gives the news to a tearful Seddon who knows his career is over.

Subsequent Events

04.03.10 - Operation on knee ligaments [successful]

01.06.10 - Rehabilitation on right knee begins with physio on knee throughout achieving coaching badges

01.07.10 - Travels to Germany to do Coaching badges

17.11.10 - Returns to the UK after achieving coaching badges to start managerial career

13.01.11 - Offered the job to manage Aberystwyth town.

13.01.11 - Takes job with Aberystwyth town.

10 months later:

Q0oWE.png

So, after nearly a year out of football after the serious knee injury which meant the end of my playing career i start my managerial life with Aberystwyth Town.

In that year i travelled to Germany to do my coaching badges before returning back to the UK in search of employment. Aberystwyth were the team which took the gamble and so my managerial career begins...

Database 11.3

Wales - Principality Welsh League

England - Blue Square N/S and above

Ireland - Top division

Scotland - League One and above

N. Ireland - Top division

Argentina - Top division

Brazil - Top division

S. Korea - Top division

S. Africa - Top division

Mexico - Top division

Germany - Top division

France - Top division

Italy - Top division

Holland - Top division

Russia - Top division

Sweden - Top division

Turkey - Top division

Aberystwyth Town F.C. is a football team, playing in the Welsh Premier League.

The club was founded in 1884, and plays at Park Avenue, Aberystwyth, where their ground accommodates 5,000 spectators with 1,002 of that capacity seated.

The team's first choice strip is green shirts with black and white trim, black shorts and socks. The second choice strip is white shirts with green trim, green shorts and socks.

History:

The club's early days were marked by friendly matches, as the club did not join a league until 1896. It joined the Welsh League for a year, before reverting to playing friendlies again. They were members of the Montgomeryshire and District League in 1904, winning several championships. With the creation of the Welsh National League in 1921, Aber joined the Central Section, where they were quite successful, winning the title six times in the 1920s, and winning the Mid-Wales League title in 1933 and 1950. Aberystwyth won the Welsh Amateur Cup in 1931 and 1933, and were losing finalists in 1935 and 1972.

The club joined the Welsh League (South) in 1951, although they continued to also field a team in the Mid-Wales League, and for a while in the Cambrian Coast League. Aberystwyth returned to the Mid-Wales competition in 1963 but did not win the league championship until 1984, after having finished as runners-up six times. They retained the title in 1985. Aberystwyth were firmly established as one of premier clubs in Mid-Wales and in 1987 they returned to the Welsh League (South). They were three times runners-up before they became founder members of the League of Wales in 1992. Aberystwyth achieved their best welsh premier league position - 3rd in their first season.

Rivals

- Bangor City

- Abersytwyth University

- Newtown

- Camarthen Town

JANUARY

5egQO.png

Good start to managerial life with Aberystwyth. Having joined half way through their domestic season it was (i initially thought) always going to be hard to hit the ground running but my team have surprised me with three wins from three in January. Currently sitting in second position and through to the fifth round of the Welsh cup with the wins.

XzxUU.png

Holding my place in second position, the team is not the greatest in the league but have been performing above expectations.

FEBRUARY

TPDwS.png

A very good month for my side in which we went top for the first time during my reign. The table was cut in half - like in Scotland where the top 6 teams play each other home and away and the same with the bottom six.

Progressed to the semi-final of the Welsh cup also.

Archived