JoeB

Name: Burton Albion

Nickname: Brewers

Badge:

Burton_Albion_logo.png

Stadium: Pirelli Stadium

frontpage_pic_pirelli_stadium_0503.jpg

capacity: 6,912 (2,034 seated)

Brief bit of history: The town of Burton has had a chequered history of football clubs, partly due to the area's main sport traditionally in the past being rugby union. Many former Burton teams have struggled financially. Albion can claim lineage from Burton Swifts, Burton Town, Burton United, and Burton Wanderers, who were all defunct football clubs in the town. Burton Albion were formed in 1950, and joined the Birmingham & District League.

Albion began life at the Lloyds Foundry ground on Wellington Street, but high attendances meant that the club quickly searched for a more suitable home. Eton Park was built off Derby Road and officially opened on 20 September 1958, coinciding with their promotion to the Southern League. From then until its demolition in 2005, the Brewers played all of their home games at Eton Park.

They have also had spells in the Northern Premier League (NPL), because of their location in the central Midlands. They entered the Conference in 2002 upon winning the NPL title.

Eton Park was dismantled to make way for housing, as the club had just completed a new stadium, at a cost of £7.2 million. It is situated directly opposite Eton Park and was named the Pirelli Stadium, situated as it was a short distance from Pirelli's factory in Burton. The stadium has an increased capacity, firstly set at 6,200, but then later raised to 6,912. The first match played there was a friendly between Burton Albion and Chester City on Saturday 16 July 2005. It also hosts the National ISFA Under-13 tournament final.

One notable result at the ground was a 0–0 draw in the FA Cup third round against Manchester United on 8 January 2006. The result of the Third Round replay, lucratively played at Old Trafford, was a 5–0 win for Manchester United in front of over 11,000 Brewers fans. This constituted a record number of away fans seen at Old Trafford. On January 8, 2011, in the FA Cup third round, Burton continued their FA success, knocking out Championship team Middlesbrough 2-1. Shaun Harrad scored twice at Pirelli Stadium in the last 8 minutes to bring Burton back from 1-0 down.

Info & Kit:

burton1c.jpg

Assistant Managers Feedback:

burton2.jpg

Why be Burton?

Well, I was just scouting around and looking for a new club to be on FM and have a challenge and i thought why not go with Burton? Small club with a bit of History behind them, holding Man Utd to a draw in the F.A.Cup thirs round, and beating Boro' this year. It's also where Nigel Clough started his managerial career. Why not see how far you can take them, Championship? Premiership? or maybe even turn them into a dominant force like Madrid of Barcelona.

Anyway cracking on, when starting as Burton your assistant says that you need to have a look for a new right & left winger and the strike-force could do with updating, Calvin Zola is up there who can be used as a target man, your defence looks pretty solid, but its always worth a little tweak if you have the right players available to you!

Good luck, and enjoy playing as Burton!!!

After a topsey turvery first season, and securing Aston Villa as a parent club, somehow on the last game of the season i managed to bag second, with the 3 teams all above me losing there last game.

After bringing in Jorrin John (leicester) who provided me with the assits, Will Keane (Man U) who scored my goals aswell as Marek Stech (west ham) who was vital between the sticks for me, all on loan aswell as John Thompson and Alan Maybury for 10k between them to shore up my defence i managed to pick up a bit of a run and ended up finishing second by one goal.

Now Second season in i have had a major clear out and brought in:

Ben Mee, Tom Cruise, Tom Parks, Nathan Luscombe, Adam Boyd all on free's aswell as Leon Cernic (leicester) Gary Gadner(Aston Villa)

Archived