[FM11] Spanish Siesta with Seville (2016/17)

ac13

I'd spent 6 years trying to punch above my weight with everton with little success. I have just the one league cup medal to my name, but had many near misses

including a final of the Euro Cup, and semi final of champs league and FA cup.

With Arsenal and Tottenham getting major investment after takeovers life was only going to get even more difficult so I thought I'd try move to a league with less competition. I had my hopes set on a move to Marseille but I was overlooked. My choice was between Palermo and Seville and seen as Palermo had higher expectations

I decided to take the Seville job.

The previous manager did a good job assembling a squad which didn't need a major overhaul; two 4th place finishes in a row was testemant to that.

Gk

Asenjo (27)- a quality keeper who would not need replacing

CB

Mouyokolo(29)- the congolese defender had just been brought in and would rotate with other two. Played for Villareal and Valladolid previously.

Toprak(27)- Good all round german defender starting his 3rd season since a move from AC Milan. Previously played for Espanol

Monuel(29)- 40 caps for brazil, the former Palermo man shouldn't let the team down

FB

Enrique (30)- quick solid left back who hopefully won't suffer any injuries as there's no back up other than 35 year old Burdisso. Has been capped by Spain 7 times

Mattioni (28)- Quick Brazilian who can also play on the right side of midfield

DM

Bernardello(30)- the quick strong Argentinian has represented his country 33 times. Will leave the creative work up to others.

Medal(29)- Versatile chilean with 90 caps can cover at right back and right midfield.

AM

Rakitic(28)- 86 caps for croatia. The former Schalke man returns to club duty after winning the Europian championships.

Fernandes (30)- 49 caps for chile but may only be considered when playing a 4-5-1 due to his non existant defensive qualities

R/L M

Navas (30)- The world cup winner will soon break the apperance record for the club and will be a key player.

Capel (28)- decent left winger who hasn't had many opportunities in recent seasons

D. Perotti (28)- The quick argentinian can play on both wings, but may need to be sold to raise transfer funds in future.

Str

A. Negrado (31)- Coming off his second 19 goal season of his career. Good all around ability. Hopefully has another couple of good years in him.

N. Oliviera (25)- Scored 15 league goals in his first season for the club. Hopefully the pacy striker will continue to improve.

Transfers

With an aging squad I decided to try replace the current back ups with younger players.

Out went M. Ruben (2m), A. Sissoko (2m), Caicedo (3m), and F Montero (6m).

In came Munain (20m) to rotate with Negrado and Oliviera (and weaken Atletic) and 2 players from my previous club- midfielder Ross Barkley (2.5m) and

young 6'7 Norwegian targetman Gustav Sivertson (3.5m)

Seasons Expectations

Media prediction 4th

Board expects- Champs league qualification, 1st round of knockout stage in champs league, no interest in cups

My hopes/expectations- Spanish Cup victory, top 4 in league, champs league 1/4 finals perhaps depending on draw.

sevillafcsadsevillafixt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Things started well making it through to the Champs League group stage convincingly. Dropped points against

Sociedad, Hercules, Almeria as well the big 2 meant we end October in 10th. It could've been worse as Gimnastic equalised

in the 93rd minute only for Munian to get his second in the 95th. Negrado and Munain are really struggling to hit the back of the net. Oliviera has been excellent though reaching 10 goals already.

2nd place in the Champs league group should be quite comfortable but the vultures seem to be circling already.

Valencia, Barcelona and Real are well clear so it's going to be a real fight for 4th.

Thanks for the support guys. I was planning on just having a year here until I got a job in france or germany but the team's growing on me. Hopefully Everton don't make the champs league next year so I can poach some of the players I brought in there.

Archived