One shot on target, one goal conceded. What am I doing wrong?

This is not a whine thread, so please do that in your spare time ;) I understand how frustrating this situation is (in my case it almost cost me my keyboard and monitor), but I'm guessing it's just the games way of telling me that something is wrong with my tactics. Although admittedly it is a rather odd way of telling me :|

Anyways, in my first season with Ajax I played an offensive 4-2-3-1 tactic, won the league, reached the semi finals in the Champions League, and everything was going as planned. In my current season however, I now face the dreaded one shot, one goal "bug" (from here on referred to as the one shot bug, OSB)! I changed my tactics to a 4-3-1-2 that looks like this:

GK

Wing Back Att. - Cover - Stopper - Wing Back Att.

Ball Winning Support - Ball Winning Defend - Ball Winning Support

Trequartista

Poacher Att. - Deep lying Att.

Balanced, standard, short passing, zonal marking, drill crosses. Rest on default value. During the match I will of course tweek one or the other if things are not going my way, but generally that's the way I play.

I have bought three hard working midfielders with high anticipation, decisions, determination and positioning, that are also relatively skilled passers, so as to make sure that they win the midfield while also being able to get the ball forward to my three man attack force. The wing backs are both set to attack so they can either run down the flanks and drill in a cross, or give my midfielders someone to pass to if the top three are marked.

Everything was going perfect, but after just 6 matches the OSB returned. Not only that, but I'm creating huge (and lots of) chances that my strikers just can't seem to put in. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong, but that's where you guys come in. Or that's what I'm hoping at least ;)

If there's a need for it, and I'm guessing there will be, I can upload just about anything you need to help me out (tactics, screenshots and whatnot), once I get home from work :)

Archived