Not enough players to play as nation.

Supersewelly

I'm trying to play a game as Barbados since I've visited there a few times and have family there, but can't start a game because there doesn't seem to be enough players of the nationality.

I've gone through the database making players like Harewood and Tom Soares have Barbadian second nationality (they don't in the game, but are eligible in real life through parentage) and also added a few players who I can find information on but are not actually in the game. Also made a few youngsters who were determined to play for England declared for Barbados.

Basically I've extended the talent pool to it's very limits to give myself the best chance in WC qualification and in the Caribbean Championship. However the game doesn't seem to want to have it and won't let me manage them.

The talent pool is now at around 50-60 players, is there a specific number where it becomes possible to manage a team?

I'm pretty naive with the whole editing thing, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

1- Select Custom database option when the game start and select to add all barbadian nationality players.

(If Thats not enough for finding players)

2- Create a league For Barbados (or use a file made before - a file for FM2011 of course) And make the league playable... Game will generate newgen players for that league. (In league select screenin the game start (before database creation) if you select generate players for playable league option; ages will varies usually between 16-28, if you not tick that, there will be youth players 15-16 years old.)

1- Select Custom database option when the game start and select to add all barbadian nationality players.

(If Thats not enough for finding players)

2- Create a league For Barbados (or use a file made before - a file for FM2011 of course) And make the league playable... Game will generate newgen players for that league. (In league select screenin the game start (before database creation) if you select generate players for playable league option; ages will varies usually between 16-28, if you not tick that, there will be youth players 15-16 years old.)

1 - Yeah, I've already ticked to load all Barbadian players.

2 - Think I'll have a go at creating a league, because as far as I am aware there is not been one made for FM11 or FM10 :(

Thanks for your help, I wasn't aware of the league's generating players so that will probaly be my best solution. :D

Hello Superswelly

In FM09, I had Barbados playable.

But(!) I had to add players in the DB at first. I added up to 50 players, sunday league standard (Enter some "realsistic" names, and leave all the numbers to "0"). But It made the trick to me. This is clearly much easier than create a whole league system.

Make sure to incl all Barbados players, when you start the next game.

hope this helps

Archived