Standard Tactics

I'm talking about the ready made in game tactics the game provides.

Having once again tried making my own and of course trying all the down loadable tactics here, as well as everywhere else, i thought i'd take a look at the in game tactics and do a bit of testing.

I'm a little suprised at just how well they work when you get it right, now i'm playing as West Ham and am using the 4-5-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 and so far i have found just a couple of things that seem to work a treat.

I'm basing the setting up of these tactics solely on match odds right now, there might be a better or indeed simpler way, but so far this is what i have.

The only games i've played so far are tight odds games both home and away and so far, the following has been working.

Tight odds at Home = Philosophy - Balanced and Starting Strategy - Control

Tight odds Away = Philosophy - Riigid and Starting Strategy - Standard

I have played a Carling Cup game in which we were heavy favourites and won easily using the following...

Philosophy - Fluid and Starting Strategy - Attack

Its by no means an exact science, but with some decent testing i'm convinced we could find patterns of play that will help enormously when choosing your initial tactical settings for each game.

That is until of course we all get sick of trying and end up plumping for the simple plug and play tactic that fits everyone.

Not that anyone is interested, but i have found that i'm dominating games, but we just dont put our chances away, whilst the AI always seem to take advantage of every chance they get.

Will continue to rigorously test until like most, end up downloading a supertactic.

Shame.

Archived