FM Scout - Need help

The purpose of this post is not to show off my site, so I won't be mumbling about any flashy updates or why we are #2 or #10 at certain fields. I know most people would believe in anything you say about you, like for example saying your site exists since 2002 when it actually does since 2008*. I'm not interested in arguing who's the oldest or the best around the scene, really!

I need your help to commit a change (more like a series of changes) that will hopefully lead to more logged in visitors, and more useful forum threads. So far we've been getting tons of guests and usually less than 10 members logged in at any given 10 minutes of the day.

I guess the site is mostly known for its scout utilities/data editors download section; That's fine, but I wish to change this to include some insightful content as well.

We will not be releasing any graphics of our own (unless I decide to make a skin this year), nor breed any data updates. So, no point in focusing there; other sites can do that better and we shall share traffic with them in that case, by manually selecting the best material and redistributing (or redirecting, depends on the permission we'll get).

I'd like to see members posting their manager stories in the blogs section (or the stories forum section), and interesting threads with tactical or general game-play questions and advice.

For the ones who don't know which site I'm talking about, here's the link:

FM Scout

A lot of thought has been put on this matter, and I'm extremely interested in reading your ideas / suggestions.

Please try to be descriptive with your input. Thank you in advance! :)

--

* P.S. By the way, FM Scout exists since Jan 2005

Archived