How should I play this young striker?

I've had this kid at Liverpool nearly his whole career. When I send him on loan to the Championship, Spain, Greece and Netherlands, his average rating is about 7.50. For me, his average rating is about 6.56 (albiet only in 12 games). I have tried playing him as Advanced Foward, Deep Forward (Attack and Support) and Poacher and none of them seem to come off.

When I sent him on loan to Greece it was with another striker of mine that is 2 years younger than him. Together in Greece they combined to score 76 goals in that season. They are listed as Favored Personnel to each other. The younger one has been starting for me for 2 years and is the best striker in the world, this guy is floundering. What do I do with him?

So if he has no left foot, does that mean I should play him on the right or left up front in a 2 man front line?

My main striker is usually played as Target Man - Attack so that SHOULD be a good combo. Of course he'll usually be in Cup games and as a sub which means he'll be with a Deep Lying Forward - Support which should ALSO be good.

So far, it's not working too well.

Ironically with the form he has had for me, he just got a call up to the main Spain squad and scored 2 goals in his first game for them.

I'll keep trying him as a Poacher, thanks!

Archived