Question: Interleague contest between two Made-up leagues

bazzatron

I have a few questions regarding a project I'm working on.

Basically, I'm creating two leagues of made-up teams. I'm using Cook Islands and Fiji as the bases for these two leagues (created new leagues and cups in both). So-far-so good domestically. However, unless I'm missing something or doing something wrong, it seems that you can only set-up national rules for one nation per Edited Data file. This isn't a problem in terms of the domestic competitions as I simply use two separate files and activate both at the start of the game. But it does seem to be an issue in creating an inter-league tournament between the two. The problem here is that when you set up the competition you need to select which leagues the teams are taken from.

If I use the Fiji-based league, then that database doesn't see the new Cook Islands competitions as they are in a different database and vice-versa. Is there a way round this? It's not a complete disaster if there isn't as both nations will presumably have a team in the O-League. However, it would be cool to have a competition between purely the top 4 of these leagues.

Also, I haven't yet finished a season or got to the O-League and some other questions occurred to me:

I've set the leagues as being "level 1" for their respective nation (that's top right?) - however, though they aren't playable I know that the original leagues are still in the database. Do these need to be removed to ensure my leagues are the top tiers and therefore have their champions qualify for the O-League (and of course the Club World Cup)? In other words would the Fiji Nationwide League provide the O-League qualifier instead?

Also, how does the FA Cup qualifier fit into the O-League structure?

Thanks in advance for any help...

I can only suggest this to you:

- Create the nation rule for Fiji

- When you've finished it, save it as, say, 'Fiji'

- Remove the nation rule

- Create the nation rule for Cook Island, and save it as a different file. Now, if you want to add a cup which involves team from the Fijian league you've created, it's there.

Hope that helps

Sadly, the above did not work exactly as desired.

It initially appears to, but what actually happens is one of the following:

-If you load the dbc file that was saved as Cook Islands, only the Cook Island teams are playable. The Inter-League tournament is present however, as are the (CPU controlled) Fijian teams.

-If you load both dbc files, it appears to work but closer inspection shows that if you're managing the teams on the Fiji file, the tournament dates aren't present even though your team appears to be involved. Closer inspection reveals that by loading both dbc files, you're actually loading the Fiji data twice - one set playable, one not.

I'm now going to attempt the following:

When I created these new leagues, I actually created totally new competitions for them. I'm thinking that if I instead modify the default Fijian and Cook Island leagues and populate them with the new teams, then create a third dbc with the Inter-League comp, hopefully by having it take participants from the Fijian and Cook Islands leagues, it will take teams from the modded comps.

...Unless of course I have to activate the Fijian and CI leagues in the third dbc which will presumably mean that the Inter comp will be pulling teams from a different version of the leagues.

I'll keep you posted.

Archived